PDA

View Full Version : Bought the 525 today! (BG)

SNAFU
06-30-2004, 10:18 PM
The PPI I had done today checked out fine and she purs like a kitten, but I'll knock on wood anyway ;-) It's a 92 525i 5sp, black/black. Leather is in fine shape. Not bad for 190K miles!

I've owned lots of sports cars, and I don't (or didn't) really classify this as such, but I was very impressed when I got it out on some fairly rough country roads. Even though the suspension is a bit soft for my tastes (well what should I expect at 190K?) I was amazed at how flat and composed it remained under significant lateral G over uneven pockmarked roads that would have made my sport spring/strut equipped RX-7 skitter around. This thing just soaked up the imperfections as if they weren't there. A very easy car to drive fast. Almost too easy. I can practially forsee trouble ahead in the form of more driver's license points, and that I don't need!

Chalk up another happy E34 owner! (Ask me again when something breaks).

Alan

1992 BMW 535i
07-01-2004, 02:59 PM
Kick ass! I joined the group last week and congratulate you on your purchase. What are you going to do first?

Warren N.CA
07-01-2004, 03:51 PM
maintenance. Anything you don't have documented should be assumed
overdue. Coolant changes are often neglected, and this is a critical item. You need to go through the list, item by item, determining what is overdue, and catching things up.

The PPI I had done today checked out fine and she purs like a kitten, but I'll knock on wood anyway ;-) It's a 92 525i 5sp, black/black. Leather is in fine shape. Not bad for 190K miles!

I've owned lots of sports cars, and I don't (or didn't) really classify this as such, but I was very impressed when I got it out on some fairly rough country roads. Even though the suspension is a bit soft for my tastes (well what should I expect at 190K?) I was amazed at how flat and composed it remained under significant lateral G over uneven pockmarked roads that would have made my sport spring/strut equipped RX-7 skitter around. This thing just soaked up the imperfections as if they weren't there. A very easy car to drive fast. Almost too easy. I can practially forsee trouble ahead in the form of more driver's license points, and that I don't need!

Chalk up another happy E34 owner! (Ask me again when something breaks).

Alan

AllanS
07-01-2004, 04:17 PM
That's awesome man, now you need to post some pics, and start budgeting for the various suspension and performance upgrades you'll be adding ;)