PDA

View Full Version : Where is the sight glass on a 92 525ia?

Evan
06-29-2004, 12:34 PM
my ac slowly went south... didn't happen in one fell swoop.. i noticed it getting less and less cold...

ALSO

On the crankcase ventilation valve sticking out of the valve cover... where does the smaller diameter hose go? i seem to have lost it

Best
Evan

zmuff
06-29-2004, 01:16 PM
Just aft of the coil in this picture is a cover held on with those two big fasteners, pull the cover and the sight glass is hiding down there. Sorry, I can't answer your other question, I don't know the 2.5 motors very well.

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/4/web/556000-556999/556352_9_full.jpg

Evan
06-29-2004, 02:09 PM
My engine compartment looks nothing like that... I'm gonna give it another look in a minute... I feel pretty smart not being able to find the sight glass ;)

Dick Schneiders
06-29-2004, 02:58 PM
It is under a large plastic cover next to the big electronic box on the passenger side of the engine. The electronic box is near the fire wall on the passenger side - it is the large black plastic square box that holds the DME and other computer parts. Right up against the electronic box, closer to the engine, is a black plastic cover with two large plastic screws - the heads of the screws are about an inch or more in diameter. Unscrew them and pull off the cover. The sight glass is under the cover in plain view.

Dick Schneiders

My engine compartment looks nothing like that... I'm gonna give it another look in a minute... I feel pretty smart not being able to find the sight glass ;)

Evan
06-29-2004, 03:43 PM
still haven't found it but patiently looking... and drinking a beer.. it's almost five anyway

Evan
06-29-2004, 04:17 PM
beer helped! so grimy and hidden by the ties holding wires and tubing