PDA

View Full Version : Wierd message deal goin on here

632 Regal
06-28-2004, 05:20 PM
The last 2 days the check oil light goes on when I first start the car and when I shut it off, also says inspection? It doesnt stay on and never comes on other that what I said. uhhh am I supposed to reset the oil and service deal? Havent really done that in a while and was wondering if it was trying to tell me something...and yes the oil level is topped off. Any clues here?

Paul in NZ
06-29-2004, 03:50 AM
how many lights are there on the dispaly when you first start up...you know after a service reset there are five or so and they go off one by one.....If you have one yellow or one red then you are due for a service......the check oil sounds like the level sensor if the oil level is ok......

632 Regal
06-29-2004, 01:50 PM
down to 1 yellow left, have to reset that and the oil service. Do you know if I take the oil level sensor out if the pan has to be empty? Never looked into this one yet.

Paul in NZ
06-29-2004, 03:57 PM
nt

632 Regal
06-29-2004, 06:51 PM
Hmm... note to self: check oil on level ground. what an ass <- bang!

ryan roopnarine
06-29-2004, 07:51 PM
i believe that the oil level sensor is that black thing on the bottom of the oil pan (if you can remember from when you change yer oil). i guess you'd have to change oil or drain it to change it, but im sure you can clean the contacts with it in situ.

down to 1 yellow left, have to reset that and the oil service. Do you know if I take the oil level sensor out if the pan has to be empty? Never looked into this one yet.

winfred
06-29-2004, 10:58 PM
it's not a float on the v8s, it's a couple of weird looking contacts on a plastic thingie