PDA

View Full Version : Sell with mods or without?

MikeV
06-28-2004, 11:40 AM
Well, after only a year of ownership, it looks like I'll be selling my 530i shortly.... getting a company-provided leased FX-35, no room left for the BMW (it would be the 5th car trying to park in the driveway).

It's a '94 530iA with a low-mileage Alusil block, with new belts/hoses/water pumps to which I've added:

EAT chip
Limited-slip differential
16" OEM wheels & new tires
Hartage front strut tower bar
about $1000 in stereo equipment (Alpine headunit, Lanzar & Rockford amps, ADC/Diamond/MBQ/Infinity speakers)
Integrated alarm system

I also have a 5-speed conversion kit (everything but the trans - pedals, shifter, master/slave clutch cylinders, linkages), and the stock diff.
It's very quick in present form (0-60 under 7 seconds from idle), but has not been driven hard at all.

My question - is it better to sell as a package deal, or put the car back to stock and sell separately?

Tiger
06-28-2004, 11:45 AM
If you can sell as is with all your mods... then do it... because it's alot of headaches taking it all out.

Phil M
06-28-2004, 11:56 AM
I'd say leave the LSD, wheels, and alarm on. Take out the stereo equipment, and chip. Not sure about the front strut bar.

Well, after only a year of ownership, it looks like I'll be selling my 530i shortly.... getting a company-provided leased FX-35, no room left for the BMW (it would be the 5th car trying to park in the driveway).

It's a '94 530iA with a low-mileage Alusil block, with new belts/hoses/water pumps to which I've added:

EAT chip
about $1000 in stereo equipment (Alpine headunit, Lanzar & Rockford amps, ADC/Diamond/MBQ/Infinity speakers)
Integrated alarm system
I also have a 5-speed conversion kit (everything but the trans - pedals, shifter, master/slave clutch cylinders, linkages), and the stock diff.
It's very quick in present form (0-60 under 7 seconds from idle), but has not been driven hard at all.

My question - is it better to sell as a package deal, or put the car back to stock and sell separately?

Warren N.CA
06-28-2004, 11:58 AM
if you sell the mods separately. This is because mods actually tend to devalue a car, rather than increase the value. And mods are relatvely easy to resell for a good price.

EAT chip
Integrated alarm system