PDA

View Full Version : Its not the size of the boat, its the motion of the ocean (aka, Ryan-1, tire-ZEE-ROW)

ryan roopnarine
06-27-2004, 12:40 PM
details to come later, but fyi, any car tire will break if you put weight on it for long enough.

gale
06-27-2004, 01:12 PM
Don't tell us you tried to see if your e34 could hold more lumber than that infamous Jetta:

http://www.freerepublic.com/forum/a3a66f741529e.htm

(just kidding)

632 Regal
06-27-2004, 06:54 PM
ahhhh the ol slow dismount! I had to do that a while back with a car jack.

BennyM
06-27-2004, 11:42 PM
details to come later, but fyi, any car tire will break if you put weight on it for long enough.

ryan roopnarine
06-28-2004, 12:14 AM
okey dokey, here's how i got it off.....

left the taurus tire on the perpendicular bmw wheel for more than 1 hour, accidentally. come back, and realise that the inner dimension of the wheel is now showing on one side!!! take my coated screwdriver/crowbar, proceed to debead the one side. realise that it is too damn hot to be doing it so slowly. get out circular saw, cut a line in the belt of the tire. cut down the side of the tire with tinsnips, quite easily. realise that there isn't enough exposed bead on the other side to cut it out without damaging it, so put the taurus down on it again. leave it for 1/2 hour.....it didn't break like the other side. realise that it is far too much work to get the last 1/2 inch of bead cut without damaging, and realise it isn't worth it to sit out in the sun and finish (if it was overcast or nice out i'd have finished it). call my hood rat friends to see who knows someone that knows someone that will most inexpensively change out my dunlop for the used 205/70/15 tire i have in the back. winner wanted 7 dollars cash to remove and mount a tire. mom says that she wants me to stop screwing around in the sun with the damn tire, and i tell her that it will cost 7 dollars for that to happen. she gives me a 20, and i, somewhat disappointed that i won't finish the job myself, proceed to go over mr lowballer's establishment. this experience was helpful, as when the other dunlop dies (in about 2k miles) i finally have the knowledge to do it myself without the use of ANY tools whatsoever!

TheGeak
06-28-2004, 06:39 PM
so you just quit.....i'm dissapointed...i expected a better fight

ryan roopnarine
06-28-2004, 07:52 PM
i broke the outerside (spoked) side bead out of the tire......people didn't understand why i didn't just get somebody to take it off at the onset....i can take off the other perfectly "good" tire from the other side with no tools, that's all i really wanted. my definition of "won" was accomplished when i got one rim side completely debeaded and removed.