PDA

View Full Version : Airplex... for all E34 owners! :)

jplacson
06-27-2004, 06:31 AM
Hey guys & gals! I just recently discovered this great product! It's called Airplex!!!!

Hehehehe... it's a headlight cover, gives the E34 a more modern look, kinda like the E39.

I saw it on one of the BMW CCP member cars, he had a black E34 with them on! We tried it on my car as well, and it looked great! :)

I'm ordering a set.

No installation required, it just clips between the hood and the light.

www.airplex.co.nz

Just wanted to share this recent discovery with you guys, in case anyone was looking for headlight covers that actually look good on an E34.

(BTW, this is great for angel eye kits as well)

Rick L
06-27-2004, 10:36 AM
Only if they made the covers that doesn’t protrude that strip just above the bumper…. :(

Hey guys & gals! I just recently discovered this great product! It's called Airplex!!!!

Hehehehe... it's a headlight cover, gives the E34 a more modern look, kinda like the E39.

I saw it on one of the BMW CCP member cars, he had a black E34 with them on! We tried it on my car as well, and it looked great! :)

I'm ordering a set.

No installation required, it just clips between the hood and the light.

www.airplex.co.nz

Just wanted to share this recent discovery with you guys, in case anyone was looking for headlight covers that actually look good on an E34.

(BTW, this is great for angel eye kits as well)

Boggie1688
06-27-2004, 11:21 AM
What do they look like?
Post pics when you got them installed!

Hope it turns out slick for you.

Phil M
06-27-2004, 12:22 PM
found a pic

http://www.airplex.co.nz/photos/photo234.jpg

kinda gives it an updated look.. not sure if i like that. sure would protect those babies nonetheless

Rodericb
06-27-2004, 04:10 PM
Great find! Any idea of how much they cost for a set?

SamB
06-27-2004, 09:27 PM
Cool, made here in New Zealand too :)

Unregistered
06-27-2004, 10:43 PM
Great find! Any idea of how much they cost for a set?

jplacson
06-27-2004, 11:10 PM
Well, ya...but it's needed since that part is what holds the cover on the bottom.

The whole thing is just a clip on, so no drilling, gluing, or anything else. Just pop your hood, slide the lower tab under the blende, hook the upper tab on your headlights, then close the hood to secure.

It would've been nice to have it installed and all...but then that might ruin the whole front grille if you decided later on to remove it. This way, you can remove it anytime you want.

Ian W
06-28-2004, 10:54 AM
I have been trying to track down a pair of these I saw on a UK car . they where stepped to match the headlights with no visible fixings.

Any one seen this version.

Wyn
06-28-2004, 10:19 PM
I'm deffinantly going to look into getting some of these.

Unregistered
06-29-2004, 05:59 AM
found a pic

http://www.airplex.co.nz/photos/photo234.jpg

kinda gives it an updated look.. not sure if i like that. sure would protect those babies nonetheless

don't mean to spoil the fun but looks like the perspex covers everything from the signal light lens all the way to the other side grill.well,remember the air intake behind the headlamps....air restrictions...maybe minor but could it affect the airflow into the airfilter box just a tinsy weensy bit?

rickm
06-29-2004, 08:09 AM
? Follow the edge of the plastic (you can easily see where it clips under the hood), it covers the lights only. I wonder how secure it is at speed, esp if air can get behind it.

jplacson
07-01-2004, 02:49 PM
No it doesn't, it only covers the lights. What made you think it was one long piece over the whole front?

jplacson
07-01-2004, 02:50 PM
very secure... the hook goes behind the light, and there's a clip to hold it in place under the lights as well. The only chance it would fly off is if your hood was open.

kiwibirdsnz
04-06-2006, 09:26 PM
Hey guys & gals! I just recently discovered this great product! It's called cheviot!!!!

Hehehehe... it's a headlight cover, give the car more modern look

I'm ordering a set. Easy "No-Holes-to-Drill" installation

www.cheviot.co.nz

(BTW, this is great for angel eye kits as well)[/QUOTE]

angrypancake
04-06-2006, 09:36 PM
what the hell? bitch please. do you drive a bmw? or are you just trolling? holy thread resurrections batman.

dacoyote
04-07-2006, 06:33 AM
what the hell? bitch please. do you drive a bmw? or are you just trolling? holy thread resurrections batman.

This is the sorta **** Jeff does