PDA

View Full Version : 540i brakes

dangerous100
06-26-2004, 03:23 PM
had two new front shockers fitted for the dredded mot.i am not sure if they bled the brakes properly or not.they were ok for a couple of weeks but then the pedal started dropping.when driving the pedal usually bites right at the top,but every now and again the pedal does not bite until half way down.it feels as if the power assistance for the brakes comes and goes when it feels like it.any ideas?

Tiger
06-26-2004, 05:39 PM
Try bleeding first... otherwise you might have a bad master cylinder.

winfred
06-26-2004, 11:34 PM
for the record dissconnecting the brakes is not required to replace the strut inserts or to remove the strut assemblys from the car

had two new front shockers fitted for the dredded mot.i am not sure if they bled the brakes properly or not.they were ok for a couple of weeks but then the pedal started dropping.when driving the pedal usually bites right at the top,but every now and again the pedal does not bite until half way down.it feels as if the power assistance for the brakes comes and goes when it feels like it.any ideas?

dangerous100
06-28-2004, 03:47 AM
Try bleeding first... otherwise you might have a bad master cylinder.

is it better to bleed them with the engine running because of the abs or does'nt it make any difference?

Tiger
06-28-2004, 11:48 AM
Do not bleed with engine running...