PDA

View Full Version : Suspension - what to do next?

Incantation
06-26-2004, 03:11 AM
Hey guys,

Having recently installed my SACHs suspension kit, I feel that my e34 has had a breath of new life, not to mention that it looks far better lowered again.

Now I feel like the steering is loose.. not as responsive as I would like it to be.. I guess I would prefer it to be more sensitive. How do I go about making it more sensitive? Is this even possible?

And can someone tell me if there is a logical order for suspension upgrades? sway bars.. strut braces etc.. i don't want to do it all at once, and if there is a "sensible" order to do it.. I'm all ears

thanks

AllanS
06-26-2004, 01:27 PM
Steering play solutions:

http://www.bmwe34.net/e34main/maintenance/steering/steering_box.htm

I would grab a sway bar set next.... the site linked to above has some suggestions. I chose mtech nurb. sways to stick to the whole original BMW equipment only theme, but was looking at RD ones. I think Bruno might be selling a set of his.

Strut bars.... are just engine jewelry for most situations. If you can find one cheap, and want one, by all means... but don't expect much.

I guess the next step in suspension/driveline upgrades would be a limited slip diff, bigger wheels, and bigger brakes. All this is readily available both new and second hand, which I found somewhat surprising since the e34 isn't exactly a current model.

Incantation
06-28-2004, 01:10 AM
great.. thanks for your help

sways it is :)