PDA

View Full Version : headliner fixes???? anyone in socal??

chris530it
06-25-2004, 07:33 PM
My headliner is coming down on my head....anyone know who can do the repair....and how much i am looking at?

chris
530it

ScottyWM
06-26-2004, 04:06 PM
Just took mine out today. Local auto upholsterer quoted $100 if I brought it to them, $450 if they had to take it out and replace it. Mines a touring w/ double sunroof - so they may up it when they see how many pieces there are. Removal was really pretty easy - and I had instructions (I could email to you or Ryan has them hosted somewhere).

Once it's out, it looks easy. The material is like $8/yd. Wouldn't take more than three yards. But I figure the professionals can do it better than me who has no experience with this. Considered getting materials online (www.headlinerkit.com) but thought I'd rather see and feel it before I buy it.

I plan to take it to the guy this Wednesday. If you want, I'll let you know how it goes. But I ain't nowhere near So.Cal.!!

Mr Project
06-26-2004, 08:56 PM
Just as Scott said, getting it out is not too bad. I pulled mine and then started replacing it... it didn't go very well. I started with the rear parcel shelf, and it wasn't working well.

I don't know if it was my technique or not, but I was having trouble getting it to follow the contours of the parcel shelf. I was pretty pressed for time, so I took it to a local shop.

They charged me $125 to do all the pieces, including the A & C pillar trims, and they carpeted the rear parcel shelf. In retrospect, I'm really glad they offered me the carpet option.. it looks better and will hold up better than the headliner-style material that was on there from the factory. Plus, there is a little more sound-deadening there for road noise in the trunk. Like this car needs any more sound deadening! :D

My advice would be to pull it all out, clean it up (a stiff plastic brush takes the old goop off pretty well) and take it to a local reputable shop. Not much $$, and the results are totally worth it.

casurfer911
06-27-2004, 03:12 PM
useful advice, since my headliner is hanging down quite a bit. and im in socal