PDA

View Full Version : instrument clusters

Dizzy
06-25-2004, 12:13 AM
Any one no for sure if a later type instrument cluster will fit a early 89 model?

Incantation
06-25-2004, 12:30 AM
i don't know.. but i installed high-polish instrument rings on my cluster and they look great.. i bought em on ebay for 42US shipped

David Chen
06-25-2004, 12:09 PM
Yes, the blue-back instrument clusters will work with your brown-back one however the odometer reading and coding plug settings of the blue-back will be displayed. Be sure to find a cluster from the same type of E34 as yours. Otherwise, if yours is a 535i stick-shift and the replacement instrument cluster is from a 525i automatic, the odometer, tachometer, and possibly speedometer could be off.

Cheers,

David

Any one no for sure if a later type instrument cluster will fit a early 89 model?

Warren N.CA
06-25-2004, 12:28 PM
This is a subject you should discuss with a priest, minister, rabbi, or other spiritual advisor.

If your cluster is bad, replacing capacitors MAY bring it back. It did mine. And you might just have oxidized multipin connector terminals.