PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to everyone! The front end rattle is gone!!!

CrimsonBrian
06-22-2004, 05:46 PM
Hey guys,
Thanks for all of your suggestions when I posted about my front end rattling. I just got it back from my mechanic and it turns out I needed new shocks and new sway bar links. Parts and labor = $750, which was higher than I had hoped but that car rides TOTALLY different now. And best of all: NO NOISE! The shocks were original to the car (135k) and they had lost all their oil and I guess they werent dampening anything. Thanks to everyone who helped me out on this one! If it werent for all of you, I have no idea what I would do!

An extremely grateful Brian

Robin-535im
06-22-2004, 06:18 PM
Always nice to fix things and drive the car in it's new state - good to hear it came out okay.

Next you'll be asking about center bearings, subframe mounts, maybe even cam timing...

CrimsonBrian
06-22-2004, 06:23 PM
Always nice to fix things and drive the car in it's new state - good to hear it came out okay.

Next you'll be asking about center bearings, subframe mounts, maybe even cam timing...

I really love this car and am hoping that the fact that it doesnt get driven too much and that I am pretty gentle with it will help with longevity. But in the meantime, I can query you people with my moronic questions. Someday I will be able to make a meaningful contribution...

Brian

Hector
06-22-2004, 07:16 PM
to bed and overpower her from time to time... she likes it :o)

BTW, no question is a "moronic" question... any question however stupid it may be can be a good question. We are all here to learn, save a few bucks down the line and to get peace of mind from the experts here.

I really love this car and am hoping that the fact that it doesnt get driven too much and that I am pretty gentle with it will help with longevity. But in the meantime, I can query you people with my moronic questions. Someday I will be able to make a meaningful contribution...

Brian

Martin in Bellevue
06-22-2004, 07:38 PM
Questions inquiring about pulling a car tire off the wheel without proper equipment kinda violate rule #1. How would you not hurt yourself doing something like that? And questions about fabbing up something like ball joints, which are pretty damn cheap new, just don't make much sense.

Of course, this is pretty far off course with this thread, I'm done.

CrimsonBrian
06-22-2004, 07:39 PM
to bed and overpower her from time to time... she likes it :o)

BTW, no question is a "moronic" question... any question however stupid it may be can be a good question. We are all here to learn, save a few bucks down the line and to get peace of mind from the experts here.

On a few occasions I have really raced it down the highway, when it was safe to do so. However, I did that once and caught the attention of a CHP on a new BMW motorcycle. Needless to say, he caught up to me fairly quickly and wrote me a rather expensive ticket. Godbless traffic school!

Hector
06-22-2004, 07:52 PM
who can teach and those who cannot...

CHP, Brian? Go Bama. They let me down during March madness. Oh well.