PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy center tie rod??

PhilipJCaputo
06-22-2004, 11:06 AM
is it totally a good idea to get a origional equipment center tie rod from BMA?? or could I shoot over to pepboys and get one of their center tie rods??

MBXB
06-22-2004, 11:08 AM
BMA or Racing King has them.

mholbrook
06-22-2004, 11:11 AM
Why? PepBoys is not generally well suited for BMW parts. BMA sells almost exclusively BMW parts and is extremely knowledgeable in BMW parts. They will sell you a TRW center link which is the same as the Lemforder unit except for the bag and box. It is not that much $$ and will be at your doorstep in a day or two. Why not use a good part with a good service history. Or, you could just shoot on down to PepBoys and snag one of their parts....roll the dice. After all, it is only the piece that ties the two front wheels together.

bimmerd00d
06-22-2004, 11:14 AM
i highly doubt Pep Boys carries that part for a BMW. I would stick to Pep Boys for stuff like oil, cleaners, brake pads and bulbs only. BMA for the rest :)

PhilipJCaputo
06-22-2004, 12:29 PM
thats what I figured....

Thanks!

Bill R.
06-22-2004, 03:01 PM
checker and autozone can get or stock the trw part... but bma may have them for a cheaper price.. If you need it quickly then trw is trw whether you get it from checker autozone or bma... the only difference is that some of them offer a lifetime warranty on trw such as checker. I'm not sure if bma does or not.

thats what I figured....

Thanks!