PDA

View Full Version : Ot help

Rustam
03-03-2020, 04:57 PM
How do I remove this type of threshold? It has no visible fasteners, and I dont want to wreck it with a bar. Is it possible to remove it nicely?

whiskychaser
03-05-2020, 05:12 AM
Never seen one like that. Somebody put it in there so it will come out again. Looks like the frame has been cut to receive it so it will have to come back (towards your toe?) to get it out. My guess is that it is in two parts and the part nearer to you is a cover which is hiding the screws

Rustam
03-08-2020, 07:25 PM
Never seen one like that. Somebody put it in there so it will come out again. Looks like the frame has been cut to receive it so it will have to come back (towards your toe?) to get it out. My guess is that it is in two parts and the part nearer to you is a cover which is hiding the screws

Yeah, something like that, I guess. Thank you.

genphreak
04-08-2020, 02:45 AM
Yeah, something like that, I guess. Thank you. Defo the sort of thing put in by the carpet layers. I'd bet it retains the carpet somehow (beware it may have teeth protruding from below, but it probably lifts off the carpet somehow. they probably cut the existing threshold out and cut the frame to slide it in, or the door was done with it like that. Look very carefully under the front lip for screws/fasteners. Good luck, ugh!

Rustam
04-08-2020, 06:35 AM
Defo the sort of thing put in by the carpet layers. I'd bet it retains the carpet somehow (beware it may have teeth protruding from below, but it probably lifts off the carpet somehow. they probably cut the existing threshold out and cut the frame to slide it in, or the door was done with it like that. Look very carefully under the front lip for screws/fasteners. Good luck, ugh!

I think its the black strip line - epoxy that separtes the two halves. Should be broken. Didnt get to it yet.