PDA

View Full Version : Passenger side automatic tilt when in reverse

Coyote_ar
10-26-2017, 12:28 PM
Hi guys, so did this feature came as standard or optional on all e34s? or did this started at some specific year? id love to have that feature, but im not sure if i do have it and its not working, or if its just not there. and in that case, if its possible to retrofit it.

This are my car options:

200 Katalysator - Entfall Katalysator - Entfall
226 Sports Suspension Settings Sportliche Fahrwerksabstimmung
314 Heated Windscreen Washer Nozzles Frontscheibenwaschduesen Beheizt
355 Laminated Glass Verbundverglasung
401 Sliding/vent Roof, Electric Schiebe-hebedach, Elektrisch
411 Window Lifts, Electric Fensterheber,elektrisch Vorn/hinten
498 Headrests In Rear, Mechanic. Adjustable Kopfstuetzen Im Fond
534 Automatic Air Conditioning Klimaautomatik
553 On-board Computer Iv W Remote Control Bordcomputer Iv Mit Fernbedienung
570 Stronger Electricity Supply Staerkere Stromversorgung
651 Bmw Bavaria C Reverse Bmw Bavaria C Reverse
823 Hot Climate Version Heissland-ausfuehrung
850 Add Fuel Tank Filling For Export Zusaetzl. Tankfuellung Export
856 Language Version Spanish Sprachversion Spanisch
925 Shipping Protection Package Versandschutzpaket

I dont see any specific info regarding the mirrors (which have automatic heaters as i found out).

Regards

myles
10-30-2017, 05:27 AM
It was part of the electric memory seat option.

shogun
10-30-2017, 07:58 AM
Yes, part of the SMM = seat and mirror module. The mirrors are different inside, more wires also, the plug is different and the mirror switch is also different. Without all the gimmicks on the driver seat that is not possible, because the memory module has to know the driver seat height, position of the backrest, position of the seat, position of the mirror, here a detailed training manual of the SMM, this module was used in E32, E34 and E31, once during the production years the module was changed, not interchangable
http://www.e38.org/e32/BMW_pdfs/smm.pdf

823 Hot Climate Version Heissland-ausfuehrung
I have that also in my E32 750, different pulley and belts that the visco fan runs faster = cools better

I dont see any specific info regarding the mirrors (which have automatic heaters as i found out). >>>not mentioned as optional extra as it was standard

Coyote_ar
10-30-2017, 06:08 PM
oh, i see so retrofiting this wont be an easy option ... i guess ill have to stick with the manual version :P

As for the hot climate option ... yeah since we have sub tropical weather here, it seems to be quite common to have those.

Its weird that the person who optioned out this car, chose that, and 314 Heated Windscreen Washer Nozzles Frontscheibenwaschduesen Beheizt
I mean ... we dont have really harsh winters here. And even if we did, there are better options rather than heated washers ...