PDA

View Full Version : Speedometer, odometer, fuel effiency stopped working

632 Regal
05-08-2017, 07:45 PM
Worked when I left and then just stopped. I didn't try the cruise control tho. Wipers work. All fuses work except 10, 11, 13 and 14 which do have power when I turn the lights in regards on.

Tried the disconnect battery and then after that didn't work did it again and shorted + &- no deals.

I kinda suck at electrical so schematics don't really help. Seems like a relay is dead somewhere. I haven't had enough time to reset them all yet though. Read a lot in regards to speed sensor in the rear differential which I have not ventured into.

Any other obvious things I should look into? Never had any issue like this besides the power amp fluking out on me.

Jehu
05-08-2017, 10:05 PM
Worked when I left and then just stopped. I didn't try the cruise control tho. Wipers work. All fuses work except 10, 11, 13 and 14 which do have power when I turn the lights in regards on.

Tried the disconnect battery and then after that didn't work did it again and shorted + &- no deals.

I kinda suck at electrical so schematics don't really help. Seems like a relay is dead somewhere. I haven't had enough time to reset them all yet though. Read a lot in regards to speed sensor in the rear differential which I have not ventured into.

Any other obvious things I should look into? Never had any issue like this besides the power amp fluking out on me.

Only idea I have is to ask if there is possible water incursion to the driver side floor/footwell.

At the left corner, under the carpet is a big yellow wire connector with bunches of wires..

I had holes in floorboards allow water inside which corroded soem wires and lost many things like radio, tail lights, dome /map lights and speedo.. had to splice and twist a few wires and all was good.

632 Regal
05-10-2017, 02:58 PM
No water inside, think it's the pulse generator. Supposed to check it out later when my son gets back.

ahlem
05-11-2017, 11:10 AM
The plug at the pulse generator would be suspect. I've had to replace two on similar vintage e30's.

632 Regal
05-14-2017, 12:13 PM
Got it on ramps and looked at it, one wire was broke off right at the connector. Soldered it and put liquid tape on it and good as new.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81JAU8B7mtL._SY355_.jpg