PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to fit 4HP22EH valve body into regular 4HP22?

Coyote_ar
03-16-2017, 07:05 PM
Hi to any ZF guru's out there. So, is it possible to fit 4HP22EH valve body into regular 4HP22?

Im thinking on controlling my trans using Megashift, but my box is a regular 4HP22, so its fully hydraulic. I'd like to know if its just a bolt on thing, or it wont work. Cheers

632 Regal
03-17-2017, 06:13 PM
I would assume there is a little more to it than a simple valve body change but who knows? Might be as simple as a bolt on operation. Need to dig deeper to know... or be like the guru and just try it.

whiskychaser
03-18-2017, 04:11 AM
There are lots of reasons why this won't work. Rather than list them all, have a look at the case. The EH has a hole for the electrical connections to the valve body. The hydraulic only will not. So it is probably game over before the first kick of the ball

Coyote_ar
03-21-2017, 10:14 PM
i guess i'll have to keep it hydraulic. Thanks for the answers.

genphreak
03-28-2017, 02:01 AM
4HP22 is a very varied transmission, so frankensteining them would be possible. Fitted to LAnd Rovers, BMWs, Volvos and others over many years- decades even. Maybe they still make it.

But the EH is a considerable difference, and ZF never worry too much about making parts swap between models like most other manufacturers