PDA

View Full Version : Keyless Entry/Security

firstfreedom
06-21-2004, 06:27 PM
Hello,

I have a '92 BMW 525i that has a label in the trunk that says its prewired for the security system. I have looked under the rear seat for a connector that can connect to a keyless entry module. Someone said it was green. Also there is no module. Where would the connector be located? Is it green?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Roosevelt
firstfreedom@sc.rr.com

PhilipJCaputo
06-21-2004, 09:26 PM
the connector that goes into my module is green....

and the module sits under the seat on the drivers side.

FYI I bought the remote thing for the key ring for 30 bucks off ebay (after shipping) and I saw that a module went for like 20 bucks (don't know if it was working or not).

There is a special FCC ID you need for the factory module, which is A269ZUA071.

Incantation
06-22-2004, 02:46 AM
go to http://www.bmwe34.net and under the upgrades tab you will find a keyless entry section.. it will tell you what wires are what

it's about a 10 min install..

Derek A.
06-22-2004, 08:42 AM
I think that applies to 92 and newer cars as the 89-91's don't have that connector. From what I understand you need to go into the drivers kick panel to make that work.

firstfreedom
06-24-2004, 09:27 PM
Thanks to all that replied. I needed a wiring harness for the 12-pin black connector that was located next to the battery. The bone yard had one for $35, which included the light that goes behind the center console. After installation I reprogrammed the remotes and everything is working fine.

FirstFreedom