PDA

View Full Version : e34 Summer Meet update...

Brandon J
06-21-2004, 04:22 PM
This year is going to be a lot of fun. We already have 12 people registered. So go ahead and register so that we can get a head count for food and drinks. I know there are many of you who still need to register...ahem, Jr... If your significant others need to come, the Mall, and Ikea are literally 2 minutes away. Click the link for more info...http://www.jhgruppe.com/E34Meet/E34Meet.html (please include if you are going to attend in the comments section)

Here are some pics from lasts years meet

http://www.bimmer.info/bmw/Mark%20J/group.jpg

http://www.bimmer.info/bmw/Mark%20J/DSCF0066.jpg

http://www.bimmer.info/bmw/Mark%20J/DSCF0056.jpg

RobPatt 93 525ia @123K
06-21-2004, 10:12 PM
...but I've to go to work in Montgomery for 6 weeks until Aug 17... From the Emerald Coast (NW FL), where the surf is flat, to Montgomery, where there isn't even a Hooters. I do get to enjoy the miles commuting back on the weekends though... Have fun, can't wait to see the pix. -Rob.

winfred
06-21-2004, 11:08 PM
mmmm carbonfiber, real thing?

Brandon J
06-22-2004, 11:15 AM
Yesssirreeee, real factory carbonfiber. That is a Canadian M540i 6spd.

mmmm carbonfiber, real thing?

1992 BMW 535i
06-22-2004, 06:06 PM
Hey, did someone steal my car? Beautiful! (Mine looks exactly like the black one at the beginning of the picture)

Jr ///M5
06-22-2004, 07:26 PM
Ummm, that's not black...it's dark green...=) It appeared to be a special edition, one reason we think so is because of the dark green piping on the tan seats.

Brandon, if Scott is cooking again....I'm not coming =) Are we advertising on any other BMW boards?

Scott.....I'll be needing a place to stay, are you going to be moved in to your new house by then??? Can we stay up all night drinking and burning rubber in your driveway??

Cheers guys!
Jr

Scott H
06-22-2004, 10:11 PM
Scott.....I'll be needing a place to stay, are you going to be moved in to your new house by then??? Can we stay up all night drinking and burning rubber in your driveway??

Cheers guys!
Jr

Actually closing the week after the picnic. I wish we were sooner b/c we'd have plenty of room for a few out of town friends.

I have us listed on the events calendar on roadflea, and this has been x-posted to bimmerforums. We'll advertise once again at the one-month-prior mark. We'll have another good turn out.....I think a lot of the usual suspects aren't registering b/c they know that we know that they know that we know they are coming. :D

Later on Jr

JoeS
06-22-2004, 10:33 PM
Can you modify to the website to show a page of who all has registered?

Phil M
06-22-2004, 11:08 PM
Notice the red and blue/purple threads on the steering wheel.. niiiice

Scott H
06-23-2004, 10:13 AM
Can you modify to the website to show a page of who all has registered?

Will work on that feature, as well as adding the pics to the photos section.

Brandon J
06-23-2004, 11:08 AM
Ummm, that's not black...it's dark green...=) It appeared to be a special edition, one reason we think so is because of the dark green piping on the tan seats.

Brandon, if Scott is cooking again....I'm not coming =) Are we advertising on any other BMW boards?

Cheers guys!
Jr
You know what, we had several interesting e34s last year. A handlful of M5s, canadian M540i, S38 525i :), the 535i w/ the Olympic special edition seats, as well as the tuned, meticulously cleaned, 525i's and 535i's. We even installed performance EAT chips and help diagnose some problems. I know that there will be 2 violet M5s this year. Now if there was a Mann with an e32....

Jr, I guess you might be the man for the grill, but just make sure to wipe you hands clean before sitting down in your pristine M5.

1992 BMW 535i
06-23-2004, 11:29 AM
Damned color blindness!

Jr ///M5
06-23-2004, 05:24 PM
Scott did an excellent job last year at the grill, the food and folk and E34's were a wonderful combination. My hat is tipped to you guys for putting this all together and donating your time and hard work to make this happen again. Hopefully it will be a yearly event that we can all look forward to. Thanks to guys like you!

Besides the food and the E34's, the chance to see and meet some of the E34 board members is one not to pass up if you have the chance!!! Last year, Phil Coppin and I were talking at a pic-nic table when Deb came up and asked when was the last time we got to see each other....we busted out laughing, and explained that this was the first time we had ever really met, but knew each other for years and had kept in touch through the board.

Brandon J. and Scott H. treated me just like family when I arrived Sunday morning for last years Pic-nic..the hospitality cannot be beat that these two show for fellow board members. I was constantly amazed at the knowledge that Scott and Brandon showed for the E34, very intelligent guys indeed, and perfect gentlemen too!

So if any of you guys were thinking of coming, make plans or break plans, this adventure comes but once a year and your chance to meet some of the truly good guys of the board is closing fast. It's worth the trip, my roundtrip tally will be around 350 miles to attend the event....it's a good excuse for a road trip. =)

See ya there!
Jr

Mike M
06-23-2004, 09:58 PM
sweet! sounds like we'll be having a pretty good turnout once again. i know everyone misses scott's grade a cooking, haha.

i just registered a couple days ago...looking forward to seeing all you guys again...especially now that the car is back up and running again with a brand new 5-speed swap :D

dave,

thanks so much again for the 3.46LSD. really makes a world of difference!

Jr ///M5
07-12-2004, 07:45 PM
It's getting closer.....

Scott, it was good to talk to you Sunday night....looking forward to the meet...hope it don't rain....what if it does? Are we doing a raindate?