PDA

View Full Version : Sunroof Snafu (I think)

JR'Z 525
06-21-2004, 03:38 PM
Saturday night the wifey and I drove to Greenville SC for Eric Clapton. Left the kids with my parents for a "quiet" night away from them. Haven't done that too much in the last 3 years...As we departed the parking lot I thoought it would be nice to slide the sunroof back. It slid back fine but a few minutes later I went to lower the drivers glass and nothing happened. Just like when trying to operate two windows or sun roof at the same time. I could hear the sunroof motor still making noise. Got back to the hotel and broke out the trusty emergency allen wrench from the tool kit and closed it. For giggles I was able to tip it, close from tipped open position and slide it back open but it still would not close from the slid back position. I wrenched it back closed. Today when I get home the damn thing is working fine all the way around. Anyone had a similar problem?

BTW Slow Hand put on an awesome show - complete with Jimmie Vaughan for a Texas Blues opener!
JR

Phil Sanderson
06-21-2004, 05:58 PM
Cooler night - fusible link contracts and the break widens to cut power.
Warmer day - fusible link expands to join break and allow power through.
I know everything else worked at the time of your problem but this is just a thought.

Phil