PDA

View Full Version : 2001 525i E39 Lock Actuator Failing

Kingfish
08-17-2016, 11:20 AM
My Situation: my right rear door will not open, with remote, central locking system or by pulling the button up, I might ad, the button does go up and down using the central or remote. I have removed my inside door panel, vapor barrier, and the Actuator, pulled up the button but the door will not open Inside or Outside manually. I believe the child safety system is engaged, if so, then that explains why the interior handle will not work regardless of the button being up, but that doesn't explain why the exterior handle doesn't work, right? Is there some secret combination I'm not aware of allowing me to open the door manually that I'm not doing?

I have reinstalled the actuator and the button moves up and down but the door refuses to open. Seems to me if the button moves up and down then the actuator should be doing it's thing. If my actuator is good then that means the mechanics of the Locking Assembly are physically not working. I certainly hope not! Any assistance would be great. I have a complete assembly with actuator coming in the mail, should be here day after tomorrow. If I get the door open then I'll just R&R and be done with it. If NOT..... Dumb de dumb dumb time.......