PDA

View Full Version : New Garage With Lift - Pics

Dave M
06-19-2016, 08:18 PM
Hello folks,

Over the last year, I've been busy, among other things, building a garage. It's 22'x32', 6" walls (R20 walls) (R40 ceilings). Its 15', 8" tall (a smidge over city regs.....) with scissor trusses to accomodate two post lift. As my lift choice changed after drywalling, I built in the ceiling pockets you'll see in the photos (I needed ~12' clearance). The heater is a 45,000 btu nat. gas radiant, very quiet and efficient. I don't mud/tape (very well) so I sealed the seams with mud and covered with 1x4 trim. Cheap, fast and adds some contrast.

I didn't clean the joint up for the pics, but I keep things fairly tidy. The lift in an Atlas PV-10 - 10,000 lb, Asymmetric/Symetric Arm Design http://www.gregsmithequipment.com/Atlas-PV-10P from Greg Smith Equipment. Lift assmebled fine over the course of a few days, no missing parts, everything plumb and secure. We've done a few jobs and I'm in the middle of a steerng box replacing (received incorrect part so we now wait :( ).

I now realise the pics are pretty crappy, so will add some better ones down the road.

Anyhow, just wanted to share. Let me know if you have any questions. Better yet, share some of your garage pics!

Dave

632 Regal
06-20-2016, 05:44 AM
Hey are those sky lights or flourescents on the top? Lots of room in there for me to clutter up lol.

Dave M
06-20-2016, 08:21 AM
Hey are those sky loghts or flourescents on the top? Lots of room in there for me to clutter up lol.

T8 fluorescents. I'm adding another LED array to the front over the work benches and would like another cordless set on rollers/sawhorse for working under vehicles.

genphreak
06-20-2016, 09:39 AM
Damn!

That's downright palatial. Just makes me realise I need to get back into it and clean up my wretched mess.

nk530
06-20-2016, 11:15 PM
Gorgeous! I'm green with envy.

shogun
06-21-2016, 02:51 AM
Congrats, makes car life much easier, I have a MaxJax now since 5 years which fits into a normal garage height and can probably lift only half the weight your lift can do.
Gone are the days when I worked under bridges in rainy weather or on selfmade creepers. Well, I am also too old for that now ;-)

Dave M
06-21-2016, 11:13 AM
Congrats, makes car life much easier, I have a MaxJax now since 5 years which fits into a normal garage height and can probably lift only half the weight your lift can do.
Gone are the days when I worked under bridges in rainy weather or on selfmade creepers. Well, I am also too old for that now ;-)

Yeah, was under it last night, standing there removing a tie rod, thinking about how much dirt, rust and fluid is NOT landing on my face. I went with a 10,000 lb as I will be working on full size pick ups and the price is not much more than the 8 or 9,000 lb lifts. Makes things like removing fuel tanks and transmissions etc., much easier.

shogun
06-22-2016, 12:02 AM
I assume you will soon have many new wrenching friends ;-)
On weekends my garage is always full, they use my pit and my lift, the tress, welding machine, compressed air etc.
Well, to work in a group makes more fun, we help each other and even buy tools for the group. So for example a beer can puller tool one car owner needs once in a car life, and then it is dead stock, when in a group it is used more often and the money is worth to spend.