PDA

View Full Version : Trim Panel - Driver Side

Clarksonvalley
06-04-2016, 03:32 PM
I replaced a faulty HVAC blower resistor - to get this done, I had to remove the 'Trim Panel Foot Control', Part No. 51 451 978 935. It is a piece of plastic that of course cracked apart in pieces upon removal. I don't know if I can fiberglass it back together or not, but getting it back in place looks like a bugger. Does anyone know how to remove the vinyl covered trim panel - it has a wood trim piece at its top - it is located below the steering wheel. I think I need to remove this panel in order to get the Trim Panel Foot Control piece back in place.

Tom

632 Regal
06-04-2016, 03:45 PM
Does anyone know how to remove the vinyl covered trim panel - it has a wood trim piece at its top - it is located below the steering wheel. I think I need to remove this panel in order to get the Trim Panel Foot Control piece back in place.

Tom

Remove the wood trim pieces to access the screws. There is one screw that needs to be removed on the left side where the door opens. You need to take the plastic trim piece off the left side of the radio to acces another screw. There are some more on the bottom that need to be removed.

Clarksonvalley
06-05-2016, 08:05 AM
From what I can see, the screws to remove the wood trim are accessed from waayyy under the dash - look like they are impossible to get to.

Jehu
06-05-2016, 02:38 PM
From what I can see, the screws to remove the wood trim are accessed from waayyy under the dash - look like they are impossible to get to.

The pieces pry off. They are held in place with metal tabs.. gently using an implement which will not damage them pry them away and you will find the fasteners holding the knee bolster to the dash.

There are fasteners near the door too which may be obscured by the weather strip that you can pull away to access..

Just pull enough of the strip away to give room to the screws and push it back onto the body when done.