PDA

View Full Version : How's the tire going Ryan?

Brian C.
06-21-2004, 12:16 PM
:d

ryan roopnarine
06-21-2004, 12:20 PM
i had to go back to gainesville to see an advisor, and resultantly haven't played with the tire today....when it comes off, all u clowns can sit on it... :D my current idea consists of driving the car close to the brick wall of the house, putting a hydraulic jack on its side, against the house, standing the tire (wrapped in duct tape) vertically against the jack saddle, putting a cinder block against a comforter against the spare wheel of the car, and jacking until that sunovabitch breaks.

:d

Brian C.
06-21-2004, 12:24 PM
;)

632 Regal
06-21-2004, 12:30 PM
Have fun when the jack sucks air into the pump part and stops working forever...what is wrong with taking it to a tire joint anyways??

ryan roopnarine
06-21-2004, 12:35 PM
i found the jack i'm going to use at a gas station, abandoned cause it didn't pump any more.......1/2 litre of ATF later and it comes in quite handy when i need an extra jack...its seals are already shot to hell, I'm not concerned about damaging it anymore. this tire doesn't deserve to be taken to the store, i had hoped that somebody picked up on my lack of empathy toward it....20k mile tire doesn't deserve to have money spent on it to remove it, especially when the belt separated from it (not a flat). any of the other tires, I'd have taken it already, i just need to molest this one into submission and i will feel satisfied with all the drama i created to get it off.

Have fun when the jack sucks air into the pump part and stops working forever...what is wrong with taking it to a tire joint anyways??

winfred
06-21-2004, 12:50 PM
did i miss something? was someone passing out free crack?

Brian C.
06-21-2004, 12:58 PM
i had to go back to gainesville to see an advisor, and resultantly haven't played with the tire today....when it comes off, all u clowns can sit on it... :D my current idea consists of driving the car close to the brick wall of the house, putting a hydraulic jack on its side, against the house, standing the tire (wrapped in duct tape) vertically against the jack saddle, putting a cinder block against a comforter against the spare wheel of the car, and jacking until that sunovabitch breaks.

rickm
06-21-2004, 02:18 PM
Yes. And it only takes 2 signatures for an involuntary commitment. I wonder if Ryan get a discount at Louis de la Parte FMI? :D

ryan roopnarine
06-21-2004, 02:27 PM
USF has a fake medical school, i have too much class (class coming out my ass) to be comitted there.

632 Regal
06-21-2004, 02:35 PM
with your luck Ryan... please post all pics of this episode, I want to see what happens to your wall.

JR'Z 525
06-21-2004, 03:23 PM
Ryan,
Chill out...You must not let that crappy Dunlop get the best of you!
JR

Reidal
06-22-2004, 08:30 AM
I would like to offer up a suggestion, as I feel we need to be more supportive of a brother in arms.
A trick I used some years ago goes as follows.
Take a short handled spade (Aussie for flat ended digging impliment for gardening), one with a D shaped handle.
Get the longest length of scaffolding pipe you can lay your hands on (every workshop should have one of these by the way. Comes in handy for all kinds of related leverage type jobs).
Place the pipe through the D handle of the spade and hook one end of the pipe (shorter length) under the largest immovable object you can find.
Place the blade end of the spade on the bead and invite some friends over to hang off the long end of the pipe.
Keep applying friends to the end of the pipe till something gives.
"Let leverage be your friend"

Brian C.
06-22-2004, 11:03 AM
Didn't some wiseguy say something like that a long time ago???

Brian C.

DanDombrowski
06-23-2004, 08:05 AM
Burn the tire off? Or do I like fire too much?

I like the burning idea. In fact, if you want to be really smart about it, do it inside while your parents are at work. When they come home.......SUPRISE!

Brian C.
06-23-2004, 10:27 AM
;)

George Mann
06-23-2004, 11:41 AM
when I was Ryan's age I would rotate the wheel on my lap using my teeth to dismount a tire not unlike how some of the tire machines work today.
The good thing about this approach is tooth enamel generally won't scratch or chip even soft alloy rims. Of course after I got braces I had to go to the tire store like everyone else.
George

Brian C.
06-23-2004, 12:32 PM
...much smaller and easier to change back then, weren't they?? :p :D :p :D

Brian C.

(OK, OK,.....I'm not THAT much younger than you!!)

TheGeak
06-23-2004, 12:47 PM
"give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum upon which to place it, and i shall move the world"--Archamedes

What about drilling through it? then sticking a sawzall in the whole and cutting a chunk of the tire out??

Or you could ask Winfred to come over with some of his guns and just put the tire out to pasture...

winfred
06-23-2004, 12:50 PM
bwahahah.... i could load up something fun for my .44 mag or my new kimber .45

DueyT
06-23-2004, 01:21 PM
bwahahah.... i could load up something fun for my .44 mag or my new kimber .45

Pshawww...now the Barrett M107 would put Ryan's slick out of its misery! :p

http://www.barrettrifles.com/military/portfolio/images/1bg.jpg