shogun
02-17-2016, 10:01 AM
includes pics http://www.e30tech.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85631

bimmer nut
02-22-2016, 06:52 PM
Thanks for sharing.

632 Regal
02-23-2016, 11:20 AM
I didnt think you could do all this, very cool!

genphreak
02-25-2016, 06:56 PM
A few things to note:

1. It is important to back-flush after the filters are removed and also to toggle the valve on your battery a lot (this is why a machine can get a better clean)
Note: (a sealed momentary switch is useful as sparks are not good in these scenarios)...

2. When replacing basket filters one should use the correct ones, the guy in the video didn't and mostly the ones supplied by third parties are the generic baskets which are nowhere near as good as the OE ones (either more restrictive if not as thorough, or both).

Don't ask me how I know...
A long time ago I went through this myself on a number of cars. I ended up buying a few thousand as that was the only way to get the right ones. So if anyone wants filters, I can supply economically, just PM me your address and I'll cal the postage out and send you the details. I have seals as well, there are 2 per injector just let me know how many you want, E.g. enough for 4, 6, 8 or 12 injectors.

BTW: These injectors are very reliable, but >10 years the main trouble one has is down to:

i. Occasional use (causes condensation in the tank, allows fuel to soak up the water and then rust the valve surfaces)

ii. Debris making its way past the filter (happens due to contamination as well as oxidation in the lines, amongst other things)

iii. Fuels

- Ethanol laced fuels cause water to enter the supply mix and this can rust out the lines and the valve surfaces)
- Poor quality fuels may not be kind to the injector internals
- Whatever you do don't use E85 and drive your car on the weekends only... it requires stainless lines and stainless injectors (no zinc plated steel whatsoever in the system)

Frank87
02-25-2016, 09:12 PM
genphreak I want to rebuild 16 bosch injectors that are used on the M60. I have 24 injectors and 16 are spares.

Do you have the required stuff?