PDA

View Full Version : Some members from 15 years back will remember me

MarkD
01-30-2016, 10:46 AM
Hi guys,

I've popped in here a few times in the last 2 years, but I posted often 10 or 15 years back. This is the forum where I introduced my E34 535i chip back around 2001.

If you would like to follow what I have available these days, you can LIKE my Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/EnhancedAutomotiveTechnology

Have a great day!

MarkD

rockyfeller
02-11-2016, 12:31 AM
Wow I just popped in here too just for the hell of it. Sold my E34 540i 10yrs ago. So I haven't really been here since and was surprised to see you coincidentally stop in.

Yea of course I remember you Mark. That EAT chip was the single most best mod for the money IMO. I ranted and raved about it. Still remember that day I popped that chip in and it transformed my car.

I sold that car and bought an Acura TL. I was VERY active over at acurazine and put about $30k of mods into that car. Alas it's come time to sell that car too. So why am I back up here? The BMW bug never quite went away. Might see myself in a F10 535i soon. Let's see.

genphreak
02-12-2016, 01:38 AM
Yep, everyone swears by Mark's EAT chips and still do 15 years later!

It was the best thing I ever did to my 535 too, and the 540. A ***big thank you*** to Mark for such great work and leadership in producing such top-notch products for the bimmer community.

I've done a number of swaps over the years for others too- and Mark's chips are hands down the best.

@rockyfeller; stop spending so much on cars, let alone rice-burners! Thanks to today's consumer culture you can get incredible cars that have plenty of punch for silly money. No point buying new unless you want a Tesla- with the price you can get a well-maintained e46 M3 or e34/e39 M5 for, why spend 5-10x more to buy new? Okay, so you may have money to burn, but the >N-engines are full of plastic inside (as opposed to cooling components we can change out on the older ones), and the interiors are hard to live with. And who needs DSG and turbos that are all designed to fail in short order?

Better to put the money you save aside, or buy gold (you might need it more than a new set of wheels with the world economy going the way it is, let alone the moment Donald begins waging war).