PDA

View Full Version : thinking to sell E34 and go E30... want your comments

RobPatt
09-29-2015, 04:04 PM
Had my 525ia M50tu for 13 years.... love it, but always miss the 87 325is and I can't have both.

Know I'll love the E30 when I find the right one that's sorted, etc.

Also know I likely won't get anything NEAR out of my E34 what I've put into it....

Short list: all new leather, style 5s, good Kumho's, Sachs matched shocks springs, poly bushings, new compressor, fuel pump, belts, hose kit, vaccum lines, head gasket, tanked and inspected head w .005 shave... beisan vanos rebuild and anti-rattle... new ceramic pads w/rotors all around..auto tranny chip upgrade... she's been well cared for. new head unit w/bluetooth... infinith kappa with crossovers and basslink in the ski port.. 186K miles, hardly driven in last 5 or 6 years... but runs and drives great. thanks to the board!

black on silver-grey... paint and minor cosmetic imperfections in and out, but minor and she runs and handles very solid.

thoughts? I'd love to sell for $4K considering wheels, suspension, head refresh and new leather.... on a already solid platform.

SO... give me some reality please.

A sorted E30 goes from $6 and up....

THank you!

632 Regal
09-30-2015, 04:33 PM
Rob your best bet is to look at craigslist, ebay and KBB.com, edwards is another good place to get an idea what you might sell it for. For sure you will get more by taking the mods off and replacing it with the stock stuff and selling it as stock. I check ebay regularly and add cars to my watch list, it really is amazing how little these go for but you have to think what ever you are buying is a complete crapshoot. Got my current E34 for 1580 on thabay, added most parts from the old one to update and replace stuff. If I had to buy all those parts it would be in the 2500-3500 range so my 1580 car would have cost upwards of 4K. No way I could get that for it unless someone really knew and understood these cars.

bennyg
12-30-2015, 05:49 PM
The reason to sell one well kept old BMW and buy one that probably isn't must be pretty strong.

I'd manual convert or turbo it if I was bored with it and had excess cash. E30 is definitely a step back in refinement and luxury (and not worth the price but I'm biased since I have an E34)

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk