PDA

View Full Version : Finally got her going- 94 325i e36

Kibokojoe
06-01-2015, 03:46 PM
I know it has been a while since I posted but been very busy. Finally got the 94 325i e36 going. Son bought it last year for a grand and we had to put in another engine. Just replaced one of the rear wheel bearings, that was joy. 10 pound slide hammer did the trick. Took us 4 months to find a good engine and she is up and running. We give all of our cars names, her name is Black Betty,,,,, wam ba lam

Kibokojoe

shogun
06-02-2015, 03:47 AM
Good to hear that you got it working now. As you know, I also have an E36, actually an E36 M3 from 02/1998. Wife likes to drive it more than the longer/wider and much more fuel consuming 1988 E32 750iL. Also the steering is much more direct and sporty than the older style gear box on the E32.
Parts are cheaper, fuel consumption much less, easier to work on the 6-cylinder compared to the V12 engine bay.
Have it now since about 5 years, not many troubles to shoot, alternator repair, 2 new from shocks, the old ones were leaking (but that seems to be a special M3 problem), re-glued the glovebox cover which came apart as usual, then of course repaired leaking power steering hoses. Here ia link how I did it cheaper and better than the original hoses, scroll down a bit, sonner or later you also have to repair them http://www.bimmerboard.com/forums/e36/
On my website there are also some E36 repairs now, also that is especially for the 7 series repairs.
Yesterday I replaced the fuel hoses around the area of the fuel filter under the car, one was leaking, easy to access and I replaced them all with stronger fuel hose which can stand 20 bar pressure max. And, if you are looking for the fuel pressure regulator and cannot find it in the engine bay, it is also located there under the car next to the fuel filter http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=CD03-USA-02-1998-E36-BMW-M3&diagId=16_0203

632 Regal
06-04-2015, 02:59 PM
My son picked up a 96 328, initial purchase price plus a tow home for $700 from a motivated seller. Needed a trans and front tires. He gets around 21 mpg city which seems as good or better than my wifes old honda plus it rides much much nicer.

I did the rear bearing on it and it wasn't painful at all. Used a long bolt from a bearing separator with a myriad of washers and spacers. Pressed the new on in with it as well. Brief thread on it: http://www.bimmernut.com/forum/showthread.php/44700-Rear-wheel-wobble

genphreak
06-30-2015, 02:27 AM
Fun times!

Following a near firey death in the Touring we got a 2002 e46: 325i with m-tech suspension, sport seats and all the comfort options from a good home (so it even ran- but it was taxed as well so I had to pay for it (note to self, must not pay for my next BMW)!

300,000km almost but cheap and drives very well. Just fitted new P245s all round and am looking forward to many issues coming: Already many plastics to replace, but mostly it is in good shape. I'll get a full cooling and PCV system kit soon, some new lights as the lenses are showing wear. So far collected 2 rubber pads so I can jack it up without wrecking the jack points, a Besian systems VANOS kit, and an intake plenum actuator rebuild kit.

Only downside is that it has the ZF 5HP19EH shitronic (requirement #1; Mum needs an auto); but I scored a 20L of Nulon multivehicle synthetic fluid (http://www.nulon.com.au/products/Automatic_Transmission_Fluids/Full_Synthetic_Multi_Vehicle_Automatic_Transmissio n_Fluid/) cheap, as we expect to gradually replace the lifetime fluid over several changes. I hope this is the correct stuff, they say it is compatible with BMW 7045E, LA2634, LT71141, but I doubt it is approved.

So far very happy with how it drives, amazingly the suspension is yet to get rattly and there are no cracks in the frame around the rear shock mounts. One day it will get new brakes and suspension... but I need to get all the preventative maintenance done first.

What it really needs is an EAT chip, of course...