PDA

View Full Version : Question about "E34 Door panel removal - the missing trick"

zhandax
03-29-2015, 05:19 AM
Regal, I have a 94 also. Don't know why I couldn't reply to your original post unless it is archived. Do you mean the chrome piece almost touching the glass? Thought I would ask before I took a rubber mallet and foot-long screwdriver to the clip. I didn't have any of these problems getting the passenger side off. The front driver's side is being obstinate.

632 Regal
03-29-2015, 05:33 PM
Yes, my 94 never had an issue but the 95 did. I thought I was going to bust that plastic chrome piece before it started to release. IIRC the part that really grips is on the glass side. Don't break it and good luck. Take a picture of the monster for us.

zhandax
04-02-2015, 02:01 AM
Found the key to jog my failing memory here (https://www.bmwtechinfo.com/repair/main/741en/index.htm). The chrome piece stays on the door; pull the panel away from the top clips before trying to lift up. I thought I remembered the chrome coming off with the panel on the passenger side. Now to find out if my answer lies with sliders, a gear, a few whacks from a hammer, or a new motor.

632 Regal
04-02-2015, 12:00 PM
Found the key to jog my failing memory here (https://www.bmwtechinfo.com/repair/main/741en/index.htm).

^ where in there? I pulled my panels to replace both rear regulators, sliders and clean the tracks and put clean grease in. All the sliders were pretty worn and very sticky in the channels. That is most likely what killed the rear regulators.

zhandax
04-02-2015, 12:13 PM
Click 'Contents', then '51 Body Equiipment', then about 3/4 the way down '51 41 000 Front left or right door trim panel - remove and install'. The diagram reminded me what I had forgotten to do.

632 Regal
04-03-2015, 06:42 PM
Thanks for that but it wouldn't work for me. The panel pulls off the clip rail (or whatever it's called) and now the interior panels need to be secured with glue or something cause it will not hold itself back on. I probably just don't understand how it's supposed to work. Even after the panel pulls in the door card is still non-removable without pulling the plastic chrome deal. What am I missing?