PDA

View Full Version : Saying goodbye to Ginger today...

billb
03-26-2015, 11:15 AM
Our beloved '95 525i, that we've owned for 16 years, is going to her 4th owner today. He's a new driver, my son's Scout troop's Senior Patrol Leader, and he's thrilled to be getting a BMW as his first car. Albeit, a 20-year old BMW, but one that's had lots of love heaped upon it. As a condition of the sale, he gets an on-the-house oil change in 5k miles, where I'll go through the procedure with him and show him how to do it. Under no circumstances will a quick-lube shop touch this car...writing a contract for him to sign :)

Just wanted to say thanks to the Bimmernuts (and the original dotinfo's that might still be around) that have helped me over the past 15 odd years (my first post to bimmer.info was in 2001, right after the first water pump let go on me...)

shogun
03-26-2015, 05:50 PM
Looks still in a good shape thanks to the regular maintenance by you.

genphreak
03-27-2015, 07:18 AM
A sad post but with a happy twist Bill, be sure to let your son's friend know we're here to help him out too, old laggards we might be but handy to know ;-)

I assume you had a shotgun in your hand when you sized him up at the door... before reading him the riot act about taking extra special care of her, not laying a hand on her and having her home before 5000? :-D

Javier
03-27-2015, 08:57 AM
Yes it is sad, mine is 535I 92, been with me since 1994/5K miles, now is 92K miles 21 years later, and still reluctant to consider saying good by!

billb
03-27-2015, 10:17 AM

Smiles all around. Smiles from Lainey, who bought this car in 1999 with 52k on it. Smiles from Jennings, who bought it yesterday with 190,604 on it.

Karma was later that afternoon, after the deal was done, my wife had to run out for a bit with the kids. As she was returning home, she had to stop for traffic ahead. There was a car in the oncoming lane that wanted to turn left into a lot. My wife left a gap...guess who it was turning in? Jennings, in his "new" car.

632 Regal
03-28-2015, 06:04 PM
Karma was later that afternoon, after the deal was done, my wife had to run out for a bit with the kids. As she was returning home, she had to stop for traffic ahead. There was a car in the oncoming lane that wanted to turn left into a lot. My wife left a gap...guess who it was turning in? Jennings, in his "new" car.

Isn't that so cool how that works? Didn't remember you were in NC, were in East TN now. So how did your particular '92 acquire the '95 front fender blinker lights?