PDA

View Full Version : Got an autozone store nearby? Change your own oil or atf? Stop in NOW!

ryan roopnarine
12-23-2014, 10:54 AM
There's currently a massive, unadvertised clearance going on now in autozone stores in almost every state.
People on bobistheoilguy report wildly random oil products being marked down to 1$ a quart. I went into my autozone for some castrol semi synthetic 10w40 marked down to 1 a quart, but they were all sold out. They did have the same product for $1 in 5w20. They also had an entire row of Havoline conventional 5w20 marked down to $1. If I serviced any vehicle that took 5w20 I'd have cleaned them out. They did have Valvoline Mercon V atf marked down to 1$ per quart so I purchased all 7 they have (normal Dexron III/Mercon atf is like 3-4$ alone in walmart these days). There's such a big mess with this clearance that autozone has disabled online purchasing/online "stock" checking of oil products for the time being. Some of the bitog guys have reported Quaker state and Castrol Full synthetic products being marked down to $1 a quart, as well as Mobil 1 ATF going for the same price; 5 quart jugs of full-synthetics going for $5 or $10. They are currently posting pictures that have 20-50 quart bottles in them, and posting receipts saying that they got them for $1 each.

Sooooo....
If you have an autozone that isn't too far out of the way, I'd suggest going in there, and looking at the oil wall for products priced at $1, or jugs that are $5 or $10. I didn't believe it until I went into one yesterday.

Happy Christmas fellow Bee Emm Trouble-you owners.

ryan roopnarine
12-23-2014, 03:26 PM
Shogun, I was kidding with the title; the misspelling was intentional.

So then, my score thusfar:

5 containers of 5 quart Castrol Edge Full synthetic 0w40 @ $5 a jug
7 quarts of Kendall Semi-synthetic 10w30 @ $1 a quart
7 quarts of Valvoline Mercon V ATF @ $1 a quart

So 39 quarts of lubricant for about $41.44 after tax.
The equivalent prices for this stuff in Walmart would be around $159 (before tax) if my memory is correct with respect to the some of the prices for this stuff.
I really hope that some of you on this board can take advantage of some of the prices they have now.