PDA

View Full Version : sunroof sync trouble 525iT

duckloads
11-30-2014, 09:40 PM
I've read all the books and papers on how to sync the sunroof on my '95 525iT. The front panel has been moving very slowly opening and also closing, and then it would stick and the clutches engage in the front motor. I tried cleaning and greasing the channels with no change.

Somehow during my "fiddling", the panels got out of sync. I was able to fully close them manually. Now, I can't get them to re-sync. Pushing the (new) sunroof switch forward or backward produces no effect. Nothing happens. Pushing the switch up as to re-sync just makes the front motor's clutch engage. I know that I have both panels fully closed.

long story short, I can't get either panel to move with the switch. The fuses are good.

632 Regal
12-01-2014, 09:23 PM
"Slow moving" Could the cables be sticking in the sheething like old grease?

Check your getting voltage to the switches.

Not sure how to sync a E34 roof, the E31 I held it in the forward position for like 30 seconds. It made horrible noises and thought my $500 redo was dust but it did work. Never tested it again though. I made sure everything was closed and all windows were up. No clue if that makes a difference.