PDA

View Full Version : E90 330i A/C Fan not circulating air. no air flow.

TechnoWeeny
11-10-2014, 09:37 PM
Folks,
I'm looking for information relating to my E90 330i A/C Fan not working or anyone who has had a similar problem.
My scenario is as follows:-
Got in the car and started it up and noticed the A/C Fan wasn't working.
Did the following:-
Checked all dash board lights were working. All good
Checked vents for signs of air coming out. No Air
Checked all relevant fuses for A/C, cooling Fan, A/C Compressor and Clutch. All Good, but still no air circulating through car. :(
Checked for power at Compressor and Clutch. All Good. Still no air flow through car. :(
Checked service lights, O Oh!!! have run way overtime on service for hepa filter banghead. Rest Service interval via "Beemer Nut reset procedures". Reset interval ok. Still no air flow through car. :(
Question:- Do I need to reset the computer as well as the service interval timer and if so how do I do this?
I rang my BMW Service Dept and they quoted me $275 just to plug the car into their diagnostics Computer + parts + Labour OMG !!!!! All I want to know is what the problem is, not do brain surgery on it.
Can anyone advise what the next step to diagnosing the problem should be or do I just suck it up and take it to BMW and open a vein?
Thanks in advance, Techno.

TechnoWeeny
11-22-2014, 06:42 AM
An update on this for those of you who are interested. I gave up in the end and took it to BMW. Seems it was the Fan Speed resistor that has tripped. All they had to do was put the diagnostics computer onto the car and it was reset within 5 minutes, but it still cost me $80, only problem is it has tripped again 3 days later banghead