PDA

View Full Version : Rolled the 7 out for a drive today....

George M
06-20-2004, 07:37 PM
its been a couple of weeks and it was time...beautiful day in Detroit...I mean perfect and we haven't seen many this year. No revelations to this post but thought I would post something cause the board is pretty slow. Over the 4th the g/f and I are taking our annual road trip up north up around Cadillac and thought I would take the car out on I-94 and let it out today and make sure everything was right as I just adjusted the valves and installed banjo bolts with safety wire courtesy of super wrench Don Gale and just changed engine oil with Mobil 1 and dumped and refilled the tranny with Dextron III. I have to say it again....this car drives perfectly....I mean perfect...not a single glitch...not one rattle or bump....every single gadget works on the thing....goes like hell and corners like a slot car which is pretty amazing for a whale :p . I am astounded this car runs as good as it does after all the work that has been done to it. How bout you guys?....do your old Bimmers run like a swiss watch? That big six just purrs...very sweet. Most little cars get a little nervous around 80-90....not this car....the thing just yawns at that speed and begs to be opened up....doesn't even start to hit its stride till well over a hundred.
Just a note to say hey to all my brethern out there and wish Happy Fathers Day to all the dads out there.
Best Regards,
George
90 735iL/149k