PDA

View Full Version : good/bad head gasket brands

Rustam
07-16-2014, 11:44 PM
What are your experiences? Victor Heinz has been good to me and so was Federal Mogul/FelPro multilayered steel, but more expensive.

632 Regal
07-17-2014, 07:30 PM
VictorReinz is pretty much the German standard. FelPro are good in US engines, not sure about German translation. Same goes for Japanese engines going with Japanese gaskets.

======================

As for Chinese engines its a crapshoot as they all have quality issues (IE: scooters). Matter of factly I still have not seen a decent quality controlled part from china. Just got a thermostat housing, they cast the thing solid and drill out the water passages making it very labor intensive IMO. Thermostat itself is crooked and seals only on 1 side lol. Better than a broken one tho.

genphreak
07-17-2014, 11:02 PM
What are your experiences? Victor Heinz has been good to me and so was Federal Mogul/FelPro multilayered steel, but more expensive.

I'm yet to have trouble with Goetze.

mattyb
07-23-2014, 08:59 AM
good to hear of the reinz endorsement Regal, got a v reinz sump gasket from FCP euro to put on next week. btw fcp have been a good experience for parts and delivery, don't know if an body has used them much, Shogun put me on to them

Bill R.
07-23-2014, 02:46 PM
On bmw i use victor reinz, goetze or elring. I've had trouble with felpro on them even on valve cover seals so i don't use felpro even though its the most convenient. Felpro i use on american cars and trucks. Honda's i use Ishino or nippon reinz,toyota i use nippon reinz or ishino. Mercedes i use elring, victor reinz. Volvo the same. Kia i use DongA Mfg. or Keukdong. Hyundai the same as kia and sometimes ishino.

Rustam
07-23-2014, 07:26 PM
felpro even though its the most convenient.

convenient meaning cheaper and/or sooner gotten?

Bill R.
07-23-2014, 11:45 PM
Easiest to get, i don't have to order them, can pick them up locally

Rustam
07-25-2014, 02:43 AM
Thank you for the answer Bill.