PDA

View Full Version : AC Question?????

western99
06-20-2004, 12:54 PM
When I am driving my car with the AC on, it drives perfectly fine and the interior is nice and cold. But when I come to a stop light and I am there for a couple of minutes, it seems that the AC is struggling as I feel something that seems to be engaging and disengaging.every so often. When this happens I get a slight vibration in the car. Keep in mind that the AC is still going and the air in the cabin is still coming out and is nice and cold. Not sure if this is normal. I am thinking that the engine is working a little harder b/s I am stopped, but I do not think that I should be getting these slight vibrations. Any ideas on what this could be? This is a precautionary call so that I can do some maintenance before anything serious goes.. ie/ the compressor.

Brian

95 525ia 191,000kms

molesz
06-20-2004, 02:09 PM
I think that it does work that way. Mine does that too, specially when the outside temperature is not too high. I guess when the a/c system doesn't have to cool down the cabine temperature too much it simply switch of the compressor. And while I am driving I havent notice the change but when the engine is on idle it does something like a shake then idle rev slight change and thats about it.