PDA

View Full Version : Make me an Offer..

bayviewsbb
06-07-2014, 08:27 PM
After still slowly recovering from serious lung and prostate surgery the E34iA Exec has been garaged for over 12 months, and whilst I had every intention to finish the restoration, the car is still laid up and so its time to hand it over to another enthusiast who will finish the few remaining jobs off, and enjoy a superb motor...
To date I have:-
* Replaced the cooling system with new radiator and fan, expansion tank, hoses, belts, thermostat, water pump, viscous coupling and head gasket.
* Replaced all front and rear suspension components.
* Replaced ABS control unit, brake pads, discs and sensors, fitted stainless steel brake lines and bled with new fluid.
* Replaced standard 15 inch alloys with M Tech style 17teens with 90% left on the wellies.
* Replaced crappy vinyl door faces with full leather/walnut trims in matching bone.
* Replaced exhaust pipe from Cat' through to fitted stainless steel muffler with twin chrome trumpets fitted.
* Replaced on-board computer.
* Replaced sunroof opening switch and felt trim.
* Fitted Raco marine fuel filter on fuel rail just prior to injectors to eliminate poor/water in fuel
* Had original Alpine tape deck serviced and OEM cassette tape holder fitted and wired up.
* Had alternator refurbished
* Fitted new battery.

I still have the original BBS style 15 inch wheels with 2 Pirelli and 2 Dunlop 225/65/15 tyres with 95% tread left, along with 2 brand new Merle heavy duty sub frame mounts, and a spare water temperature gauge sensor. I have tracked down a original multi-grip for the boot tool box which is now complete...
Still to Do:- The brake light switch (4 pin with cruise control) needs replacing ($53.95 from All Parts Barn on 0732823020) as does the fuel pump at some stage, plus 2 binnicle and 1 dim light globes. After constantly being brushed by palm fronds, the duco top coat lacceuer needs cutting back and respraying...I had the car put over the pits and a blue slip issued, though that has since expired and another will be required.

I have receipts for most everything I've spent on the old bus and I'm not looking for much money. I would just like to see the car fully restored and back on the road being enjoyed.

Glossary: First Registered Feb 1990 Metallic Bronze Beige BMW E34i Auto Executive. Car is garaged approx 2.5 hours north of Newcastle NSW and is driveable, though you will need a cover slip...I can be contacted via the Forum or on 0468 357 389/0249847676....Thank you for reading and if your not interested yourself, please pass the details to anyone you think might be...
Cheers,
bayviewsbb

mattyb
06-08-2014, 06:18 AM
hi there, where exactly are you and what do you want for the car? im on the central coast and often up in the hunter and north coast. what engine is in the car and are the seats leather or fabric? thanks mattyb

bayviewsbb
06-11-2014, 11:29 PM
G'day Matt,
Should of clarified I'm 2.5 hours north of SYDNEY....and just north of Newcastle at Soldiers Point, Port Stephens. The car has the 3.5 liter donk and the seats are full leather (replaced the imitation backs on the two front along with all the door trims as mentioned in first post...
Also came across the receipts for a few other items I've replaced...engine mounts,cruise control & throttle cable, heater core and scissors, front windscreen, mylars, wiper rubbers, and had the air-con re-gassed a couple of summers ago (can put you in touch with a mate when the time comes..) Probably will find more receipts by the time you get here next Monday..!
Cheers,
George

mattyb
06-13-2014, 08:43 AM
Thanks George, looking forward to meeting with you on Monday, working till late on Sunday night so will be likely to be at soldiers in the afternoon maybe around 2pm, i hope this is ok. very much looking forward to seeing the car. ill call u when I leaving Woodville
regards

Matt

mattyb
06-15-2014, 09:32 AM
hi George, have to see chiropractor today and will be up your way late afternoon I will call you when we get to Soldiers pt and arrange to drop in Late Monday or tue morning.

thanks mate

matt 0410525443