PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to Vintage?

MicahO
05-15-2014, 11:36 AM
Hi all - I've been horribly absent. Actually, 'horribly' doesn't begin to describe my absence here, but anyhow.

Anyone going to Vintage (http://atthevintage.com/) this year? e34's are included this year, and I see a couple of registrants. I'll be there in the M5 - no e34 for me since '04. Dayumn but time does fly......

Hope to see some e34's there!

632 Regal
05-20-2014, 12:03 AM
Next weekend, not far but i just got a new addition yesterday and not ready. Post some pics!

Greazytoddsgarage
05-22-2014, 09:27 PM
A true newcomer to the forum. Just today tore down replaced knock and o2 sensors, sleeper 525IT, gona make it now from Charlotte to Vintage.

Rustam
05-23-2014, 10:57 PM
a new addition yesterday

Congratulations, Jeff!

bimmer nut
05-25-2014, 08:12 AM
Next weekend, not far but i just got a new addition yesterday and not ready. Post some pics!

Congrats Jeff. Welcome back Micah.

genphreak
06-03-2014, 06:51 AM
A true newcomer to the forum. Just today tore down replaced knock and o2 sensors, sleeper 525IT, gona make it now from Charlotte to Vintage. Welcome mate, and congrats on getting to a show straight out. Hopefully it was a ton on fun! A tad too far for me to go I'm afraid... certainly in the e34.

Question right out, why change the knock sensors? How did you know they were bad? Did you get a knock fault code as well as an oxygen sensor fault code or just one or the other?

Greazytoddsgarage
06-04-2014, 04:59 PM
Thanks, the show was great, met some great pepole saw great cars. without the propeller option its a long paddle to here.

to your question,
Check engine light came on had codes read, one bad Knock sensor code and 1- O2-1 bad code. but after tearing down found 2 of other knocks in bad shape and second one went bad on removal.
In future older than 15 years or high millage. Ill change them just to be sure. in research found that they are usually going bad and can fail anytime. cost about $450 in parts but cheaper than a new block.

genphreak
06-05-2014, 08:10 AM
Cheers GreazyT, I've not whipped an M50 out (yet) but will get some knock sensors for the day- no doubt it will happen soon. My '95 is pinging a bit at the moment- have cleaned the injectors but maybe it was a few tanks of bad fuel. I a tank of 91 octane in it instead of the required 95 (Aussie 'octane', not RON) a while back which upset it big time. A tank of 98 later its behaving better but still I can hear the chambers 'rattling' when on light throttle settings.

I guess if the sensors go, you'd hear the occasional nasty pang (if listening) rather than consistent rattles....