genphreak
12-27-2013, 05:11 AM
Huh? Which bookmarks?

Paul in NZ
12-27-2013, 05:36 PM
yeah my old one still sends me here

632 Regal
12-29-2013, 11:46 PM
That's strange I was getting the 404 error and then migrated to the 5 series to re-bookmark it.

mattyb
12-30-2013, 07:11 AM
you mean this

The requested URL /forum/5-series-bmw/ was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.26 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.26 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.bimmernut.com Port 80

genphreak
12-31-2013, 07:14 PM
you mean this

The requested URL /forum/5-series-bmw/ was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.26 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.26 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.bimmernut.com (http://www.bimmernut.com) Port 80

Yep, me too.. If that's the URI Jeff's on about I've seen it URL fail a many times... looks like things are changing a bit. I wish the limit on images was fixed though, it's simply impossible to post any half-decently sized pic or pdf in my experience.

bimmer nut
01-01-2014, 08:20 AM
Yep, me too.. If that's the URI Jeff's on about I've seen it URL fail a many times... looks like things are changing a bit. I wish the limit on images was fixed though, it's simply impossible to post any half-decently sized pic or pdf in my experience.

I increased the size on lots of stuff. Please let me know if you hit any of the new limits.

Also, I did post the issues about vBSEO breaking here: http://www.bimmernut.com/forum/showthread.php/44518-Test-after-Data-Base-upgrade?p=345108#post345108

If you didn't see it. What happened was, I performed some required software upgrades to MySQL and PHP (you have to keep up for security patches). And vBSEO broke. OK, I could fix it except or one fact, the company that I bought it from went out of business, so "it gone". And since vBSEO was broke (I never ever shoulda installed it in the first place), I had to remove it. And it changed URLs to make them Search Engine Friendly. Well, not so friendly any more now that all my URLs changed and all links are broke. Sorry guys, nothing I can do now. You'll have to update your bookmarks. I also have to upgrade vBulletin, and I'm also working on capturing and republishing some old archived bits of good E34 information Shogun got me on. Thank you all for your patience.

TechnoWeeny
01-01-2014, 06:55 PM
I increased the size on lots of stuff. Please let me know if you hit any of the new limits.

Also, I did post the issues about vBSEO breaking here: http://www.bimmernut.com/forum/showthread.php/44518-Test-after-Data-Base-upgrade?p=345108#post345108

If you didn't see it. What happened was, I performed some required software upgrades to MySQL and PHP (you have to keep up for security patches). And vBSEO broke. OK, I could fix it except or one fact, the company that I bought it from went out of business, so "it gone". And since vBSEO was broke (I never ever shoulda installed it in the first place), I had to remove it. And it changed URLs to make them Search Engine Friendly. Well, not so friendly any more now that all my URLs changed and all links are broke. Sorry guys, nothing I can do now. You'll have to update your bookmarks. I also have to upgrade vBulletin, and I'm also working on capturing and republishing some old archived bits of good E34 information Shogun got me on. Thank you all for your patience.

I do hope you can gather all the E34 history files as I am finding this information to be GOLD, while I rebuild my E34 540i and the information I have been able to get from this Forum and the other members has been nothing short of amazing.

It would seem there are years of good quality information and as long as one or more E34's are on the road as well as all the new up and coming models roll off the production line, I reckon you have an absolute pearler of a forum going here, so PLEASE don't let it get lost in the ether, I place it up amongst one of the best sites I have ever seen, for both usable content, quality of information, active membership and Supplier Credibility. Fantastic Job you have done, please keep it going.

Happy New Year to all the other Nutters out there as well!!!!

When are you going to have another virtual Global Car show of everyones E34's etc? I'd love to see what others have and are doing to their treasures!!!

mattyb
01-03-2014, 07:16 AM
hey Ed its all good bro, I didn't understand any of that hi tech site stuff you spoke about but im sure its a hard job at the best of times I wish I knew enough to help out. Thanx for a great job making this all happen all of the time for all of us out there all over the planet. When I finally get to Chicago im gonna come to your town and shout you heaps of what ever you drink

bimmer nut
01-03-2014, 07:00 PM
hey Ed its all good bro, I didn't understand any of that hi tech site stuff you spoke about but im sure its a hard job at the best of times I wish I knew enough to help out. Thanx for a great job making this all happen all of the time for all of us out there all over the planet. When I finally get to Chicago im gonna come to your town and shout you heaps of what ever you drink

Now you're talking Mattyb, I'll toast to that! lol

Btw, any weiss beer is fine for me. Love the stuff.

genphreak
01-04-2014, 08:10 PM

If you didn't see it. What happened was, I performed some required software upgrades to MySQL and PHP (you have to keep up for security patches). And vBSEO broke. OK, I could fix it except or one fact, the company that I bought it from went out of business, so "it gone". And since vBSEO was broke (I never ever shoulda installed it in the first place), I had to remove it. And it changed URLs to make them Search Engine Friendly. Well, not so friendly any more now that all my URLs changed and all links are broke. Sorry guys, nothing I can do now. You'll have to update your bookmarks. I also have to upgrade vBulletin, and I'm also working on capturing and republishing some old archived bits of good E34 information Shogun got me on. Thank you all for your patience. Thanks Ed, I missed that. Sure looks like vBSEO went the way of most SEO ops, suffering from XSS attacks (http://www.exploit-db.com/vbseo-from-xss-to-reverse-php-shell/) preventing them doing much more than offering a plugin that uses keywords and rules to re-write URLs (on top of all the usual vBulletin vulnerabilities). The business ends up battling bugs and bad publicity. Seems they've been shut-down with similar load of people wanting to make the same mistakes again by cannibalising what's left (http://admin-talk.com/threads/dear-vbulletin-forum-community-vbseo-is-suspending-operations.43684/)... poor ol' vBulletin (and all its plugins & partners). It is a hell of a target and we all need to say a HUGE thank you to Ed for keeping the ol' girl humming on bimmernut, despite the headwinds and occasional hurricanes!!

PS. Ed, It looks like the config changes you've made re images are working now. Will tell you when I notice other counter-productive settings.

mattyb
01-05-2014, 07:49 AM
Oh Man, those vBSEO and SEO ops thingos and then that XSS attax ****, fuqu I wish I knew what all that bad mofo **** was. its hard enough just fixin the damn car these days