PDA

View Full Version : Why I don't want to sell my E34...

billb
11-04-2013, 04:34 PM
...rear brakes completed in 34 minutes (ironic, no?).

Since 1995, including original, this is the 5th set of pads and 4th pair of rotors on the rear.

40k (rotors and pads), 74k(pads only), 126k (rotors and pads), 187k (rotors and pads).

Still love the E34.

genphreak
11-10-2013, 06:45 AM
I always use decent pads and new rotors with great results: that way the car always stops like it should without squeaks and regardless of weather, heat in the rotors, etc.. Only time I've reused them is when they have not worn as they are good ones from a wreck and you're changing the pads or have worn your existing pads without wearing the discs (wrong pad compound). A good option perhaps if fitting crap pads to use them up... pfft!

RobPatt
12-09-2013, 02:06 PM
I still have original pads/rotors on the rear. WTFO... I better at it to the list :-)

I'm taking her in for new leather on the front seats... and maybe a quick respray.. the hood (black) is somehow fading out and turning white.

Did the headliner myself... looks better than the old sagging one, but also looks amatureish...

But the car's like a favorite old hangout - a time machine or something... and still a respectable machine

mattyb
12-11-2013, 08:27 AM
hi Bill, what rotors are u using for the rear? doing it soon some feedback would be good ,thanx mate