PDA

View Full Version : After going to the dark side!

Barney Paull-Edwards
09-19-2013, 04:59 PM
Greetings proper people, after visiting the dark side due to my E34 frying its harness, I am back to the light! My RS6 became a hatch-back due to a 44ton enema,lost and driving a wreck, a stealer friend(?) told me to get my a.. down to his site. There was a virgin E34 M5 3.6,end of search. For a twenty three year old car its astounding,must have been epic in its day, due to the previous owner(1) being the tech director of an F1 team the car is mechanically perfect with electronic vitamins and an awesome SS exhaust,the sat-nav confirmed 177 before I chickened out. I now know what i`ve missed, the feeling that the car is machined out of one block of metal,not something experienced in an Audi, believe me. I look forward to the entertainment from the forum, and notice a southern gentleman needs a joke file wake up, be prepared,also greetings to shogun,BMW zimmer frame now?!

whiskychaser
09-21-2013, 01:59 PM
I thought you sold the 540i to Ferret and emigrated with the proceeds :-)

Barney Paull-Edwards
09-21-2013, 09:54 PM
Nah,Ferret cleaned out my shed and ran off with my sister, poor bastard. Anybody with an 850 needs all the help he can get!His career as an amateur gynecologist will come to an end soon.

genphreak
09-24-2013, 05:25 PM
Nah,Ferret cleaned out my shed and ran off with my sister, poor bastard. Anybody with an 850 needs all the help he can get!His career as an amateur gynecologist will come to an end soon. I'm still trying to decode this but it sounds good to me to have another nutter 'back on the board'. Welcome back Barney, "be sure to know the decks need some scrubbin' bwahahahaaaaahaaa M' hearties"

So have you got some pics of your spritely 23 year old coming for us?

Barney Paull-Edwards
10-14-2013, 05:42 PM
Further to my original post,three thousand miles round Europe,8 laps of the `ring,Klaussen 21k hill-climb,thrown out of Cavallino Rampante for parking outside,lower corniche flat out,two Pyrenees passes and half a day at Pau-Arnos, it did`nt miss a beat, not one, back tyres lunched and that was it.A V10 M5 would have had a fit, as would an Audi.

genphreak
10-15-2013, 05:48 AM
Further to my original post,three thousand miles round Europe,8 laps of the `ring,Klaussen 21k hill-climb,thrown out of Cavallino Rampante for parking outside,lower corniche flat out,two Pyrenees passes and half a day at Pau-Arnos, it did`nt miss a beat, not one, back tyres lunched and that was it.A V10 M5 would have had a fit, as would an Audi.

Wot, no pics?

I guess all that is part of the reason the e34 is one of the most loved stunt cars. Sounds like you will be needing some bushes and subframe mounts, a new set of pads... a decent inter-race maintenance routine.

And pics of the whole process. Fair go, we don't even know what colour it is!

Barney Paull-Edwards
10-15-2013, 03:28 PM
When my daughter deigns to return from planet Zurich Blackrock, I`ll get her to show me how to post photo`s! Might be able to do it eventually, friends took the p... because all the shots of mountains etc had a Nordic Grey M5 in them!

genphreak
10-17-2013, 12:11 AM
When my daughter deigns to return from planet Zurich Blackrock, I`ll get her to show me how to post photo`s! Might be able to do it eventually, friends took the p... because all the shots of mountains etc had a Nordic Grey M5 in them!

LOL, where if you were standing in the most beuatiful mountain ranges on the planet and there was an e34 M5 to be placed in frame (let alone any other kind), who on earth wouldn't?

Looking forward to it! Tell her ur mates on the other side of the planet will all owe her a bottle of beer, wine or whatever else is the local specialty!

BTW, Re posting pics, this might make it simple:
You just hit the image icon in the right side of the top bar when making a post, it will ask you to find the image. In the window that pops up asking for the location, there are two tabs you can use, one to find the image on your computer or memory card, and the other for specifying a location on the Internet where it resides. It will then upload the image to your message and position it (in line with the text itself).