PDA

View Full Version : E34 0292 silber leather seat

Poolnoodle
06-09-2013, 08:15 PM
Hi All
I need to replace the leather on the front seat of my '89 E34. The seat leather is colour 0292 silber.
What I am after is a good condition cover (base mainly, but back would be useful), stripped from the seat itself and sent to Australia. I haven't stripped one so not sure what is involved. It may be possible to send the entire base less the runners (to save freight cost / weight)
Ideally, a passenger seat from a LHD car (my car is RHD) as these generally have a lot less wear.
Any help greatly appreciated.

I guess an E32 seat would also work.

Thanks
Neal

Russell
06-11-2013, 10:17 AM
Wish I could help. I have seen zero silber seats in local scrap yards here in my area of the US. As you say the passenger seat covers should fit on drivers side. Bit fiddley to get the covers off but doable. Not sure how much trouble to refit. I will be doing this soon as I have two good parchment seat covers and the leather off the back of a back seat. I plan to take it all to a quality upholstery shop and see what they can do for my driver's seat back and bottom.

genphreak
09-15-2013, 01:30 PM
The Left and Right covers interchange on Comfort seats, (probably on the Sport too)

It is very easy to do once the seat is out, just use a pair of needle nose pliers to open the wire clips and the covers come straight off. When re-fitting, extra foam (or even better the old horse hair pad from the donor) can be used to build up more contour for a semi sport comfort seat- but the amount of leather available limits things a bit.

Russell
09-15-2013, 01:42 PM
I decided to let a local shop handle mine as I have a heated seat and my doner seat does not. However, they the shop they can transfer the heated parts but it is a bit fiddly. Will cost about 270.00 US to do the jiob including restuffing..

genphreak
09-15-2013, 07:49 PM
Sounds like a good deal to me Russell.

You can buy new leather covers for $1195 (unfitted), here in Aus, so you're saving good money there on the old girl. The heater and memory wiring is different between m20/m30 and m50/m60 e34 chassis' though, the heaters have their relays in the seat on the older ones and a toggle switch. The new ones have a momentary switch... not sure what goes with that other than the remote relay.

Let us know how it goes...