PDA

View Full Version : Spreading the BMW Religion

93 525 Paul
05-28-2013, 09:48 PM
My first Bimmer was the '72 2002 I still have today in storage. I bought it from my pa in law back in the eighties and used it as a daily driver for years. It encountered a host of electrical problems and I took it to a shop where it sat for years. That is now a some day project...
My wife's E34 was purchased with 74k on the clock and we put another 100k on it before the engine needed some love.
So I rebuilt the E34 since my son is quickly closing in on driving age. He's not there just yet, so it's come in handy for my brother as a daily driver while he works on a restomod Mustang that will be his driver. He's feeling the love as people marvel over the beauty of a 180k E34 that is clean as a Safeway chicken. He gets compliments every week and sometimes several in a day. Plus the car rides incredibly smoothly and solidly, particularly for a 20 year old car. He's sold. We are now shopping for an E34 project for him.
I purchased a beautifully maintained titanium '07 550 a couple months ago out of San Jose and I've achieved a new sense of appreciation for BMW POWER. It's a beauty and while not many know it's packing 4.8L of Bavarian twist, I enjoy it every single time I drive it. My wife's 07 doesn't have the sport package nor does it have the HP and mine is noticeably nicer than hers.
My other brother (I have 3) last week purchased a titanium '08 528 with sport and premium packages for his wife and took delivery last week. He hasn't owned a BMW before and will probably be borrowing his wife's car more than she'd like in no time.
Pass it on...

myles
05-29-2013, 05:22 AM
I know what you're saying. Dad bought his first BMW this week - a 2008 530i and I've just added a 2006 530it to my collection.

genphreak
05-30-2013, 08:53 AM
yea yea it all starts and some point, but before you know it, it never ends... Just sayin'

myles
05-30-2013, 01:48 PM
its an addiction of sorts. just drove my new machine from Melbourne to Sydney yesterday, so I'm about halfway home. can't wipe the smile off my face.