PDA

View Full Version : cabin fan quit, what do I check? Sword?

50 fiver
06-19-2004, 10:51 AM
My fan quit blowing air yesterday, :( 1990 m20 525, I have never had a problem before, except for the small leaf fire in it a couple of years ago. What should I check? Does it have a sword or not? Should I just replace the whole blower with a new one from bma or what? Thanks for the info. Sorry, don't have month of manufacturer, had to drive the 530 to work.

ryan roopnarine
06-19-2004, 10:52 AM
have you checked the fuse yet? (as you didn't say that you did).

My fan quit blowing air yesterday, :( 1990 m20 525, I have never had a problem before, except for the small leaf fire in it a couple of years ago. What should I check? Does it have a sword or not? Should I just replace the whole blower with a new one from bma or what? Thanks for the info. Sorry, don't have month of manufacturer, had to drive the 530 to work.

50 fiver
06-19-2004, 10:57 AM
no, I guess I should have posted after I tried figuring out where it is, the Bently wiring diograms are like greek to me. Any light on where it is, under hood?

ryan roopnarine
06-19-2004, 11:00 AM
clim control fuses SHOULD be in the driver's side fuse box....i don't know the number for it, but there is a legend attached to the underside of the fusebox cover. blew one last winter and last summer.

no, I guess I should have posted after I tried figuring out where it is, the Bently wiring diograms are like greek to me. Any light on where it is, under hood?

50 fiver
06-19-2004, 11:02 AM
Thanks Ryan, I will check asap after I do my 12 at work. Hopefully that is all that it is. I think it is too early manufactured to have sword, but not sure. I don't know what the sword even does.

ryan roopnarine
06-19-2004, 11:17 AM
the sword thingy provides the resistances so that you can have fan speeds 1-3. Same goes for the resistor pack. I think that if your sword died you'd likely still have function of the fan on position 4.