PDA

View Full Version : Throttle requires more force?

zhandax
04-24-2013, 03:12 AM
Last fall, on a 2-hour trip across state, I noticed my throttle seemed to be less responsive on deceleration; I lifted my foot, and it almost seemed like the throttle hung before closing to slow me down. This was mountain driving, where you would expect a decent slow-down when lifting your foot. Over the winter, I have noticed more peddle force is required to get the car to accelerate, and it is not smooth as it used to be. I want to address this, but am wondering how far to go. Obviously, the accelerator cable needs graphite. What type cleaning or maintenance does the throttle butterfly require? Is there anything other than these two components that needs attention? I also have a bit of strangeness with overdrive, which, after searching, I am willing to bet is the TPS, so it will get replaced. Surely someone else has had this issue, but I don't seem to be able to identify search terms to find it. What is this syndrome called?

shogun
04-24-2013, 06:32 AM
and which engine do you have? Or is it a 535 E34 with fly by wire throttle valve?
Ever checked if the bowden cable is partly broken?