PDA

View Full Version : Idler arm bushes

Unregistered
06-19-2004, 08:23 AM
I'm new to the forum and my E34,whilst looking through my cars service history I came across an advisory note from its last M.O.T.it says ADVISE,wear/movement in N/S front steering idler arm near to exess,my question is,can this cause slight play in the steering? how much is the actual part? is it easy to fit? should i replace both sides together? and what does the part actually do,oh nearly forgot,she's a 91 520i SE manual,as I said,i'm new to this forum and BMW's so any suggestion/help will be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Dan(UK)

Bill R.
06-19-2004, 09:14 AM
I'm new to the forum and my E34,whilst looking through my cars service history I came across an advisory note from its last M.O.T.it says ADVISE,wear/movement in N/S front steering idler arm near to exess,my question is,can this cause slight play in the steering? how much is the actual part? is it easy to fit? should i replace both sides together? and what does the part actually do,oh nearly forgot,she's a 91 520i SE manual,as I said,i'm new to this forum and BMW's so any suggestion/help will be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Dan(UK)