PDA

View Full Version : Any solution to doors that klunk or rattle?

Russell
03-08-2013, 08:23 AM
I think one or more of my passenger side doors may klunk or rattle when hitting big bumps. I have adjusted them to fit tight. Did not seem to help. The only solution, if they are rattling, I see is replacing the door latch (on the door) or perhaps the "post" on the body. Both are costly. Any ideas?

Tiger
03-11-2013, 08:39 AM
Check the coor check and the door check mount on the body.

genphreak
03-11-2013, 09:11 AM
Is it the latch locator on the body has worn/lost its plastic anti-rattle outer? Happens on the driver's door first...

Russell
03-11-2013, 11:42 AM
Will do. I did add the reinforcement place on both front dors.

Russell
03-11-2013, 11:43 AM
Is it the latch locator on the body has worn/lost its plastic anti-rattle outer? Happens on the driver's door first... I know what you mean.Iis there a way to fix it if damaged/worn?

genphreak
03-11-2013, 05:30 PM
I know what you mean.Iis there a way to fix it if damaged/worn?The plastic anti-rattle rollers are in the window roller guides. Remove the mirror switch, inner door latch handle, lock button, door handle and pop the door card (use an automotive clip remover (a bit like an Apple/iPod Spludger for cars) to prevent the brackets and clips breaking.

You can see the little rollers inside each window regulator runner/guide.

They have a clip holding them that is easy to remove, so are easy to replace. Use a plastic-friendly grease. White lithium is the right stuff so long as it is high temperature stuff- some greases are not designed to stay around if the temperature goes above 80 degrees- which a door channel can sweat for hours on end on sunny days.

Russell
03-11-2013, 06:27 PM
The plastic anti-rattle rollers are in the window roller guides. Remove the mirror switch, inner door latch handle, lock button, door handle and pop the door card (use an automotive clip remover (a bit like an Apple/iPod Spludger for cars) to prevent the brackets and clips breaking.

You can see the little rollers inside each window regulator runner/guide.

They have a clip holding them that is easy to remove, so are easy to replace. Use a plastic-friendly grease. White lithium is the right stuff so long as it is high temperature stuff- some greases are not designed to stay around if the temperature goes above 80 degrees- which a door channel can sweat for hours on end on sunny days.

I see, thank you.