PDA

View Full Version : A thank you is not enough

Rob
06-18-2004, 09:52 PM
:-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)

I wanted to post and say thank you to all the people that have made helpfull posts regarding dead batteries and locked doors.
I contacted a number of local BMW dealers, but of course I was not a customer of theirs with one of their overpriced 2005 750's so of course they did not give a monkey.
I then turned to the internet and eventually found the great website http://www.bmwe34.net, but alas I had no luck.
I read the factory unlock procedure but I could not get either lock to move beyond the normal unlock position. I tried removing the trunk light cover to put power in the car - unsuccessfully, and then I tried jacking the car up and putting power on the alternator - unsuccessfully.
I came here looking for a needle in a haystack - or so I thought - but within a few minutes of reading through the results of a search I found that the locks corrode and stick, and that a spot of WD40 would do the trick.
Well even though it was dark, and the mosquito armies were roaming, I went out and saturated the locks with WD40. Lo and behold, the passenger door popped right open, but the drivers door required the screwdriver trick.

A simple thank you does not seem enough considering I had gotten to the stage of wondering what a rear quarter window would cost to replace, but I again offer my utmost gratitude to the people here at www.bimmer.info.

:-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)

TheGeak
06-18-2004, 09:59 PM
always glad we can help Rob! We do what we can!

632 Regal
06-18-2004, 10:33 PM
Stick around, I'm sure we have a few more tricks up our sleeves!