PDA

View Full Version : June 1992 525iX Touring alarm problem

whiskychaser
12-31-2012, 04:43 AM
Posting this for a friend in the UK whose car has DWA3 like mine. If I had remote locking, mine would be the infrared type - it has the socket under the back seat. His is the System 1 remote - a factory option which I am not even sure was available in the US. It is a two button radio (not IR) remote which double locks the car and sets the alarm in one go. The problem is that when locking, the system makes one 'chirp' and the alarm does not set. The other problem is that the window switches remain lit all the time causing a drain. While my own switches remain lit even after I remove the key, they go out as soon as the driver's door is opened and closed. His do not. All his door switches seem to work fine.
I am convinced - perhaps wrongly - that the car needs to be double locked for the alarm to be set. I think somehow the system is only half setting. I have been through all I can find on DWA/EWS and can find no reason for the GM continuing to power the window switches. Any help would be greatly appreciated