PDA

View Full Version : How long b4 brake linings=unacceptbl.thickness/cheapst. pls for raybest. PG/QS...

ryan roopnarine
06-18-2004, 07:32 PM
for back? My brake linings indicator for the rears came on about 300 miles ago, but i drive in an extremely fuel conscious manner, so I use brakes as little as I possibly can. How long do I have if I want to save the rotors? Also, does anybody have any info as to the cheapest brick and mortar place to get the raybestos rear brake pads? Pepboys doesn't have them for less than $50. Parts america has some for 37, might be the cheapest place to procure them from. thanks.

632 Regal
06-18-2004, 10:58 PM
Dude theres this place...let me think...hmm... I know! It's called the internet! give them a call and check it out. Actually I went to a local import supply house and took whatever they gave me, zero dust zero noise and im happy, they do sing to me if I park the car after a good bath though until I actually use them in the morning.

ryan roopnarine
06-19-2004, 07:11 AM
i've already checked 4 stores online and made three telephone calls....can somebody share a (inexpensive) place to get some raybestos units for me back wheels?

rickm
06-19-2004, 07:30 AM
Tried rockauto.com? They have the PGD396M for 42.00.

ryan roopnarine
06-19-2004, 07:56 AM
arrrgh...a few days ago partsamerica.com had them for 37 and 1 day's shipping, now its 39. if rockauto has them for 42 i doubt im going to get them for much cheaper than the 39 with no shipping cost. i was hoping that back ones would be much cheaper, as my mother's taurus raybestos ceramics are under $27 from pepboys. i just hope i don't need to change rotors.

Bill R.
06-19-2004, 09:10 AM
decent pad should work fine on the rear. You should be able to find a number of them for around 26.00

for back? My brake linings indicator for the rears came on about 300 miles ago, but i drive in an extremely fuel conscious manner, so I use brakes as little as I possibly can. How long do I have if I want to save the rotors? Also, does anybody have any info as to the cheapest brick and mortar place to get the raybestos rear brake pads? Pepboys doesn't have them for less than $50. Parts america has some for 37, might be the cheapest place to procure them from. thanks.