PDA

View Full Version : The best aerodynamic wipers for all E32 and e34.

genphreak
09-16-2012, 11:31 PM
As many of you would know, choice for e34 owners on wiper blades can be limited by having the 'inverted j-hook' fitting. Some people have bought new style aero wipers and found they don't fit some early LHD e32s and e34s and all RHD ones. I heard that the Bosch icon wipers fit but just found some new ones at my local parts shop first: They are the Trico 'Tech' 22 and 24", about AUD$23-24 each.

These fit all e34 without problem as they have a side mount bracket so the hook itself sites beside the blade, not up on top of the wiper like a sore thumb. This allows them to work with inverted or normal j-hooks, and the entire wiper arm sits closer to the screen too. The best bit however is that in park, the blades are 10mm lower on the glass due to the offset of the hook bracket, so the blades and most of the arm disappears from view when driving. Brilliant!

Am yet to see if they wipe well or work at 200km/h of course, it hasn't rained here for some time...

Trico Tech Beam Blade Assembly 560 mm (22") Single TEC560
Trico Tech Beam Blade Assembly 610 mm (24") Single TEC610

Took me minutes to fit and are a decent upgrade as they improve visibility in the dry and hopefully, the wet too!

http://www.tricoproducts.com.au/Driv...allationVideos (http://www.tricoproducts.com.au/Drivers/InstallationVideos)

Questions is, are they the best?

Pics to come...

shogun
09-17-2012, 05:57 PM
looks like they are only sold in Australia, found them on Ebay Australia, TEC610 24" for the Holden Commodore VE car.

genphreak
09-19-2012, 08:50 AM
Happy to ship them to you Erich, will see if I can get a bulk price. Trico is a big brand here, an OE supplier for Ford and GM for decades.

Will take some pics and post em too. Wipers are an important part of the driving experience- and good ones make driving safer. I got to use them in the rain yesterday, they worked just fine- and are much lighter and perhaps quieter. Not sure yet, I need experience using them to know.